Community_discussions_small  

Question

Average Age of Travellers - Great Britain

30 Dec 2012 January82 asked

January82

I've been putting off a trip to Great Britain for far too long, and am now 31.Am doing everything I can to book for April/May 2013. I'm concerned about being 'too old' or in a tour group with 20 years olds. Any idea what the average age of travelers is with these types of tours??
Thanks!

• 31 Dec 2012 Saumil said

Saumil

I just booked a similar trip and I’m around the same age as you…I’m pretty sure there’s always a good mix!

• 2 Jan 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Age doesn’t really matter on these trips. As long as you’re sociable and like to have a good time, you’ll be fine. Everyone loves Canadians, so you’ve got nothing to worry about! haha

• 2 Jan 2013 heather84explorer said

heather84explorer

There should be a good range of people on every tour, I imagine. I’m 28 (will be 29 when I travel) and am doing the London/Paris trip in June. Can’t wait to hear what you pick!

• 4 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

It honestly really depends on the type of tour you book. For example, a camping tour will most likely have a younger crowd, while a Time Out (hotel) tour will probably be a bit more mature. It also depends on the length of your tour… this is just a general statement, but young people would tend to book the longer tours because it’s easier to get more time off work, less commitments, etc. I did an 11-day Time Out tour and I was the second youngest person there (I was 21 at the time). These are all things I’ve observed, so it won’t hold true every time, but it’s a pretty fair guide. Hope that helps! :)

• 22 Jan 2013 January82 said

January82

Thanks for the info!! I really wanted to book for April 17th, but that one filled up before I could get the approval from work. Looks like I’m going Great Britain and Ireland (18Days) on May 1st! Can’t wait :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.