Community_discussions_small  

Question

Shampoo - bring with me?

1 Jun 2007 Cat_in_Canada asked

Default_avatar
I'm going on Panorama, leaving in June.

Should I be lugging a month's supply of shampoo with me, or will some of the hotels have shampoo provided?
  • 1 Jun 2007 seegs6 said

Default_avatar

I think we’re on the same trip in June and I was just going to bring my own supply. I checked out some of the hotels online and thought it might be risky to assume that each hotel provides shampoo. Plus if my roommate wants to use the shampoo as well, there might not be enough in each city for the both of us. Just my two cents, but I’m a guy and likely require less shampoo than most girls do.

• 1 Jun 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

See #9: http://www.eastboca.net/EuroPan/BeforeYouGo.html

If you run out … just ask for more at the front desk.

- Vic

• 2 Jun 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Next time you go to your hair dresser tell them you are traveling and if they have any sample shampoos. I also tend to “collect” shampoos from other hotels for the longer trips I go on.

• 2 Jun 2007 michAel-89 said

Default_avatar

what about Budget tours hotels? do they have them as well?

-i read once the only stop you get them offered (+ some soap) was Mykonos…

• 2 Jun 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

Some of the hotels will and some wont. i would bring at least some with you. Also, sometimes it’s cheap stuff so if you have hair issues (dry or dyed, etc) you’ll want to bring your own). As for the budget tours – the cabins probably will not have them, though you might be able to buy some.

• 2 Jun 2007 Cat_in_Canada said

Default_avatar

Thanks.

I work in a hotel, so I have a ready supply of hotel-sized amenities… Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

Along with towels, pens, blank key-cards, souvenir chocolates…

• 5 Jun 2007 Talia said

Default_avatar

If you’re anything like me your shampoo and conditioner bottles are huge!! Why not head to a haberdashery store (or in NZ we have the $2 shop) and buy some smaller bottles and just put what you need into them…as long as they close properly they should last the whole trip.

• 5 Jun 2007 Cass said

Default_avatar

i just got back from a contiki tour last week and i didn’t take enough shampoo or conditioner with me! but there are supermarkets in pretty much every town and most of the hotels we stayed at had shampoo in the bathrooms.

• 5 Jun 2007 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

I went on a superior tour last year and even though we stayed in hotels not all supplied shampoo and if they did most were very small, 2 in 1 or weren’t for any specific hair type. I would go to a pharmacy and either buy some smaller bottles of shampoo and conditioner or they also sell small travel bottles in various shapes and sized so you could put your own shamp+cond. in them
    Also bring shower gel if you can.
    At the body shop they sell really small bottles so one of those could easily do you a whole trip. They might sell shampoo+ conditioner too…you’ll have to check though

I’m sure if worse came to worse you could buy stuff there but its easier just to bring your own rather than having to go out looking for a pharmacy that sells cheap shampoo.

• 5 Jun 2007 bellyk said

bellyk

They do have shampoo & conditioner but it costs a freakin fortune! If you start using the shower gel before you go you can just re-use the empty bottles of that

• 6 Jun 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

If you are taking stuff with you, make sure it has a screw top so you are less likely to get leaks in the plane. And always pack your containers within a plastic bag (or 2) just in case.

Also, consider taking more than one…i.e. 2×100mL of shampoo instead of 1×200mL, then you can throw out empty containers as you go. Same deal for bodywash, cleanser, moisturiser, deoderant etc. The additional advantage, is that if one does leak you don’t lose it all…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion