Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone on European whirl 8th Aug 2013 & questions!

31 Dec 2012 ClaireB asked

ClaireB

I am looking at the European whirl trip leaving on 8th Aug 2013, anyone else planning to go on this trip? I am traveling alone for the first time!

A few other questions for anyone who has been before:
Do we need a sleeping bag?
Do people usually travel with a rucksack or wheely case?
Are the charging points on the bus?
How long are the average bus journeys?
What is the nightlife like?
What is the average age of travellers?

Thanks
C

PS - Really excited

• 2 Jan 2013 CharlesF-M said

CharlesF-M

Do we need a sleeping bag? Yes for Austria, Venice, Rome, Florence, Alps, and Paris
    Do people usually travel with a rucksack or wheely case? Not required but is great if you do.
    Are the charging points on the bus? Yes but are limited. Every place you stay will have in room power. Powerboard/bar is great to pack, It also means you anly need one plug adaptor.
    How long are the average bus journeys? about 4-6 hours. The longest are to Amsterdam, Berlin, Switzerland, and Paris (8:30am-4pm). The shortest is to Munich (3hr) and Austria (2hr), and Venice.
    What is the nightlife like? Incredible! Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, and Venice are the biggest parties! But the rest are surly not much tamer.
    What is the average age of travellers? (varies but most are 18-25, the older (30-35) travelers are there too but groups form and sometimes split up depending on interests.

• 2 Jan 2013 ClaireB said

ClaireB

Great thanks for your reply-really helpful.

On the case/rucksack argument which would you say is more popular option?

• 16 Jan 2013 Conorutledge said

Conorutledge

Would be great to go on this tour, still waiting to see if im going solo or not. But this looks like the one!!!

• 27 Feb 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Hey! I did the European whirl last year in July I had the best time of my life!!

Do we need a sleeping bag? Yes just a small one
    Do people usually travel with a rucksack or wheely case? I had a wheely case :)
    Are the charging points on the bus? There are charing points on the bus but not many so charge at the hotels/hostels if you can
    How long are the average bus journeys? Bus journeys vary think the longest was maybe 8 hours from Swizterland to paris but usually like 4-6 hours max .. the bus was pretty much the only time we slept :P
    What is the nightlife like? night life is amazing! my favorite night on contiki was at the munich beer hall where we all dressed up .. prague, paris, florence, berlin have awesome night clubs .. then amsterdamn is just a whole new world haha.. then theres partys which i will leave as a supise what the themes are but they are in rome, venice and switzerland ;) and you party with other contikis :) … every night on tour is big though!
    What is the average age of travellers? average for my tour was 20-26 but a few a bit older too but they were still keen to party as hard if not harder!

and I also highly recommend ditching the contiki cabaret show in paris and go all out to the moulin rouge! about 15 of us did that and loved it!!!! the ones who went to the one contiki took them too didnt enjoy it as much

be prepared for big days and sleepless nights it is amazing :) hope you have as much fun as I did

• 4 Apr 2013 Bailee Beck said

Bailee Beck

have you already planned for the 8th of August?? a friend and I are doing the one on the 10th of August !

• 8 Jun 2013 Andrew Bufalino said

Andrew Bufalino

I AM DOING THIS TOUR :D everyone doing this tour should do a shout out! This is going to be incredible!
    I am going solo – let’s make this unforgettable!
    p.s. even though i will probably forget all of these tips, good to see people helping out!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion