Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Clubbing ages

9 Jul 2009 Explorer1137071 said

Default_avatar
Hi everyone, my sister and i are booked for the London to Athens tour which leaves on july 17th, and i have a question about drinking/clubbing ages. I am 19 so i know i won't have a problem, but my sister will still be 17 when we leave (turning 18 on the trip) and i realized that she may not be able to get into some bars/clubs with the rest of us, or will they let her in anyway if we're in a group?

Any advice would be great!
  • 9 Jul 2009 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

The group makes no difference.

• 10 Jul 2009 said

Default_avatar

You might get lucky and not get Carded a few times, as I do not remember getting Carded very much at all. But at the same time, you might end up getting Carded and your sister would be left outside

It isn’t like everyone will be going to the bar every night, there will normally be people around at the Hotel that just hangout in the Lobby, play cards, wonder around at night.

I would say in Spain, Italy, Greece, Austria and maybe France we didn’t get carded. And any time we went to a Pub type place, like a Neighborhood bar, not one of those fake English Pubs lol We didn’t get carded.

Actually come to think of it in Spain it seemed like the only requirement to get in was a pulse.

The Group will make a difference in a way though, as some bouncers are just lazy and wont bother carding a 40+ person group. But if she ever goes out with you before her birthday, I would suggest she be ready to make her way back to the Hotel alone with possibly not being allowed in.

• 15 Jul 2009 Annemaryme said

Default_avatar

Yanno it just depends on what bars or clubs yer going to. As far as I know alot of clubs/bars in Europe are from 16 years and older and maybe 18. There are some 21 yo. but well she’s probably not the only one who’s under 21. And for drinking. after 18 yer allowed to drink anywhere and anything. So I don’t think you’ll have a big problem tbh.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion