Community_discussions_small  

Question

LA to the Bay - 3 April 2013

2 Jan 2013 _Jodz asked

_Jodz

Hi - just thought I'd put it out there, anyone booked the LA to the Bay, start Wednesday 3rd April 2013?

My friend Danielle and I are doing a month long trip to the states and this will be in the middle.

Interested in chatting with people who will be joining the tour. Cheers! Jodz

• 3 Jan 2013 Andréa said

Andréa

Hi Jodz, I’ll be joining the tour in April, already booked :)
    Also interested in knowing everyone who’s going!

• 3 Jan 2013 _Jodz said

_Jodz

Hi Andréa, thanks for your reply!
    What are your plans for pre and post the tour?

• 4 Jan 2013 Andréa said

Andréa

Jodz,
    I’ll arrive in LA on Tuesday morning, and intend to spend the day in Santa Monica.
    No time after the tour… :( Have to go back to LA in the morning to come back to Brazil on Saturday, 13th.

What about yours?

• 4 Jan 2013 _Jodz said

_Jodz

Oh wow quick in and out! We arrive in New York on 29th March and have 4 nights there before flying to LA on the Tuesday. After the tour we are flying to Disneyland for 3 days, then back to LA for 2 days to meet up with friends and driving to Palm Springs for Coachella Festival. After 3 days there we’re going down to Mexico staying in Cabo for 4 nights. We have a month over there so we really get to explore. Hope it comes around quick! :-)

• 5 Jan 2013 Andréa said

Andréa

Soooo jealous!
    Yeah, it’ll be really quick, hope to enjoy every minute.. this trip is a looong story, it wasn’t really planned… I can tell you the whole story over there.

Oh, let me know if you want to come to Brazil too, can give you some tips :)

• 6 Jan 2013 _Jodz said

_Jodz

I am literally counting down the days, 82 days until we leave! If more people respond to this post I might start a facebook group so that everyone can get to know eachother before the tour.
    I intend on heading to Brazil one day so I’ll take you up on that offer :)

• 8 Jan 2013 Andréa said

Andréa

That’s a great idea, make sure you include me there: facebook.com/andrea.teixeira.1006

• 19 Jan 2013 _Jodz said

_Jodz

Hey Andréa, Hope there’s more people on the tour than you, me and Danielle, ha! No one seems to have replied. Wondering if this tour is comfirmed full with contiki?

• 22 Jan 2013 CatK said

CatK

Hi Jodz,
    I’m doing this tour too and then heading on to the New Orleans Jazz festival after visiting friends in Portland. Should be amazing – I’m so excited!

Cat

• 22 Jan 2013 CatK said

CatK

Hey!

I’m heading on this tour too before going on to visit friends in Portland and then going to the New Orleans jazz festival. Should be amazing – so excited. I’m really keen to see a show in vegas when we’re there.

Cat

• 23 Jan 2013 _Jodz said

_Jodz

Hey Cat! Nice to hear from someone else doing the tour! Was starting to worry haha.
    Where are you from? Are you headed straight to LA for the start of the tour? The New Orleans Jazz Festival sounds awesome! That would be so much fun!!
    Definitely keen to see a show in Vegas, a shame we’re only there 2 nights (or is it a blessing in disguise.. haha) – I have been looking on the net to see what’s on. Everyone recommends Cirque du Soleil.

• 23 Jan 2013 CatK said

CatK

Hey, I’m from New Zealand :) Stopping in Tahiti for a few days then in LA from 2 April. I’ve heard ‘O’ the cirque du soleil show in Vegas is AMAZING. So totally keen for that.

A shame and a blessing as I need to pay for the rest of the trip too haha

• 24 Jan 2013 _Jodz said

_Jodz

Hey Cat & Andréa, I have created a Facebook group for our Contiki. https://www.facebook.com/groups/LAtotheBayContiki030413/
    A chance for everyone to get to know each other before we leave! Only 70 days!!

• 27 Jan 2013 Charlene said

Charlene

Hey,

I’m booked in on this tour too :-) can’t wait, really looking forward to it!
    I’m from NZ and will be in the states for 5 weeks, am in LA for a couple of days before the tour starts and then heading over the other side of the country. Also doing a New York explorer in early May.

Look forward to meeting you all :-)

Charlene

• 7 Mar 2013 _Jodz said

_Jodz

Hoping there’s more people on the tour, not many on the facebook page yet! Can’t wait though, only 27 days!! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.