Community_discussions_small  

Question

Winter Wanderer March 2013

3 Jan 2013 Libby1186 asked

Libby1186

Hi there, booked on the Winter Wanderer tour departing London 15 March 2013 a girlfriend of mine and myself... Anyone else on this tour???

Also, I'm staying on in London when the tour finishes to live and work.. Let me know if you are too :-)

Libby

• 5 Jan 2013 Adam1679 said

Adam1679

Hi Libby me and my fiance will be going on the winter wanderer in October and then like yourself moving to London to live and work. We are both from Brisbane Australia and would love to know where in London you plan to move to? If in fact you have any idea, what work will you be after? And most importantly how you find the tour when you attend

thanks Adam

• 10 Jan 2013 Libby1186 said

Libby1186

Hi Adam,

That’s awesome, I haven’t lined any accom up for when the tour finishes yet I will most probably go to a Hostel or pub while I look for a sharehouse on Gumtree or something once I’m there as I have no idea about good/bad suburbs in London yet. I would ideally like office administration work but will take whatever I can get at first if it looks like its going to take a while (pub, waitressing etc). Umm your trip group so you go to trips and find your tour enter your booking ref no. then you can join that tours group.
    What work will you guys be looking for?
    Cheers Libby

• 10 Jan 2013 Adam1679 said

Adam1679

Haha you sound like you have the same kind of plan as us, winging it lol no I’m hoping to utilize a few London contacts I have been given from friends for work (which would be in IT) but if nothing comes of that I will go back to my roots of either personal training or bar tending for a while, which would be fun I’m guessing. And my partner has experience in banking, financial planning and beauty therapy so she will be ok lol Yeah we have no idea on which suburbs are good/bad either but we have heard that Fulham is really good (cheap and a few stops from central London) and its next to the posh suburb of Chelsea so there’s lots of nice shops and restaurants etc so we are researching it atm. I can’t wait, the only thing I’m not looking forward to is the $Aus to the $GBP (so much money gone) haha apparently the temping agencies are really good over there for getting Aussies good paying work, so jump on that, especially if you are going to travel out to Europe on weekends :)

• 3 Feb 2013 Victoria said

Victoria

Was thinking of doing this one! Would be traveling alone!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion