Community_discussions_small  

Question

suggestion for first time solo traveller

4 Jan 2013 Matt asked

Matt

hey there :)
2013 is the year for me and i would like to travel and see as much of the beautiful world as i can and also have as much fun on the way, meeting new friends and having new expriences!

as im new to this it would be great to get some info on whats best for a new solo traveller

hope to see yous around soon :)

• 4 Jan 2013 Alyssa said

Alyssa

I could do with the same info. I can only use annual leave so thinking up to 3 weeks maybe America.

• 5 Jan 2013 Matt said

Matt

3 weeks in America..i could definitely do that! There are so many good trips too choose from. Where abouts you from Alyssa??

• 5 Jan 2013 penny said

penny

depending on your budget, i’d advise start with the Asia(South East), check out the tours here on Contiki,and having been to the Vietnam experience, it’s amazing,and you quickly make friends with your tourmates as we all have the same thought in mind ot building friendships, and have so much fun during the tour. Food is affordable/clothes and drinks.For less stress, visit your nearest tour agent to take care of everythin, from your booking,tickets,accom,etc. incl. visa, so you don’t have to stress about these—all you do you hand over your passport to the agent, and make your relevant payment and they’ll just call you when to collect everything from their offices: Contikipackage,yo passport with Visa on it, Itinerary, Ticket..(it’s all worth it)

Good luck !the sooner you choose a tour the better,just start somewhere, you have the rest of your life to visit the other countries too.

• 5 Jan 2013 Alyssa said

Alyssa

Portsmouth, England. Think I’m set on America just got to decide when and whether to go east or west

• 5 Jan 2013 penny said

penny

Do it Alyssa!, once you start you’ll never be the same again—it’s an amazing feeling, and how you just wanna do it over and over again, seeing the world. All the best, keep us updated when you finally hit the road/fly to y our destination,lol

One other thing,once you choose your tour try and find out hear about others who’ll be doing the same tour, where you can already start communicating and establishing friendship

all the best

• 5 Jan 2013 Lks80 said

Default_avatar

I think u should go west & check out all the parks. I’m from the east and west would be where I would go.

• 6 Jan 2013 Matt said

Matt

thank you for all the info :) i would like to do asia at one point but im pretty set on doing europe. just not sure what one i want to do. anyone who has done a tour in europe, any info would be much appeciated :)
    thanking you in advance!!

• 7 Jan 2013 Lks80 said

Default_avatar

I did European inspiration and loved it! My tour was nice because it was two nights & stayed in hotels. There was a mix of people… Mostly later 20’s some 30’s. there were also some couples. I didn’t mind it but I know some of the 23 yrs were annoyed by it. I think the crazy “contiki” tours maybe the one with camping.

But anyways… Loved all of the places I went. The tour made it easier to see a bunch of places in a 3 wk span. There were some great optionals as well as time to explore. I didn’t see much of other tours but knew they spent all day on bus and then got only a couple hrs to spend in places. For my tour it was every other day a bus day and that broke up the long rides. Let me know of any specific questions. However, I will be leaving on contiki NZ this week :)

• 24 Jan 2013 Sam said

Sam

Hey matt im going solo over to europe, pretty nervous about the whole thing, im doing the expedition contiki starting on the 22nd of may. its a camping one which i think will bring your closer as a group and make closer friends. it’s also one of the ones that you get to spend 2 nights in each place, so your not rushing around just ticking the boxes.

• 26 Jan 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

ive done the european experiance tour in 2011 and it was pretty awesome, it was a concept tour so you stayed in a hotels, cabin and hostels, it was 21 days so got to see quite a bit of western Europe, all the touristy things as well as going off the beaten track, and was reasonably priced also. Im going back this yea to check out eastern Europe and Scandinavia so cant wait!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.