Community_discussions_small  

Question

Wild Western July 2013

4 Jan 2013 Kay22 asked

Kay22

Hey :)

My friend and I are book on this tour in July. This will be my second Contiki and her first!

Just wondering if anyone else is booked on/planning to be on this tour!

Be great to chat to some people before hand or get any advice from anyone! We will be travelling from England :)

• 22 Feb 2013 miss_natalie said

Default_avatar

Hey Kay, what date are you both booked on in July?? I am looking at booking mine soon!

• 22 Feb 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

Hey, I’m booked on the tour that starts on the 24th of July! So excited! Where you flying from?

Default_avatar

Omg thats the same one were looking at!! is there a facebook group for it? We’re flying from uk aswell :) how much were your flights?

• 22 Feb 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

Not that I’m aware of! But then I again I haven’t really looked! Who your travelling with? Ours were about £800 return from heathrow, leaving on the Sunday with virgin Atlantic! Cheapest ones we could find as its that time of year!

Default_avatar

Oh is that a direct flight? Its not bad, yeh just got to expect it at that time of year! well we are thinking of booking in the morning so excited! Are you staying at a contiki hotel the nights before?? we’ll have to exchange details and things :) Im going with my friend, Kim. She also has not done a contiki before but i did one last year! where in the uk are yous from or are you not from uk??

• 23 Feb 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

Yup :) the flights with stops seemed to be adding extra days on coming home! Think it leaves at like 11 or something! Yea we are booked in for 3 nights before hand so we get to see a bit of LA, think we are going to spend sometime at Santa Monica beach :) ooh how exciting! We are from southampton, how’s about you guys?

• 23 Feb 2013 miss_natalie said

Default_avatar

Ohh wow sounds good!! we will be flying on the tuesday and having a day extra at end! were from cumbria so opposite end haha we will be flying from either manchester or glasgow since we are right in between the two! I will let you know when its booked :)

• 23 Feb 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

Haha two opposites there! That sounds fair enough, the girl I’m travelling with, Nicky, has to be back to work so we fly home the day to tour ends but not till 10pm! So we put our LA days at the start :) me, I’m a primary school teacher so I have 6 weeks to kill ;) haha yes do, how exciting! You looked at any of the optionals yet?

• 23 Feb 2013 miss_natalie said

Default_avatar

Well weve officially booked it now!! Cant believe it were so excited!! Kim also needs to be back at work whereas I am a student graduating in summer with no job lined up yet so I will be a free bird for a while ha! Looked at the optionals yeh, they all sound really exciting! deffo san diego zoo and maybe hot air balloon hehe! what about you guys? Also I think to see a show at las vegas would be amazing!

• 23 Feb 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

How excting!! glad you’re all booked! when do you get in on the tuesday? These people with jobs! Haha! Yea we have looked at the zoo as well! My other half as told me that the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon is a must! Think we are going to sort out alkertraz (if that’s how you spell it) in San Francisco and the bike ride over the Golden Gate Bridge! And yes in show in Vegas would be amazing! In short I wanna do everything haha

• 25 Feb 2013 miss_natalie said

Default_avatar

We get in about 4/5ish on the tues pm so that will give us time to get settled and meet everyone :) hopefully they will have a meeting with the rep that night! ooh the zoo sounds fab! and the helicopter one im definetely considering but a tad nervous about that haha! ooh san fran will be sooo good and alcatraz is on our list too :) its unreal how many amazing places were gonna go to!

• 25 Feb 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

Perfect :) yea, I’m hoping the pre-tour meeting will be the night before seeing as the tour starts at like 7am or something stupid! I know, so much to do as well, so no doubt it will fly by! I did a helicopter ride for the first time in New Zealand! Was scary but so amazing at the same time! Excited to do one again! This time in 5 months we wii already be on the tour!

• 10 Apr 2013 Bec said

Default_avatar

Hi, I am also booked for this tour. So excited to finally find other people that are going. I was worried that they would cancel it. Im flying from Australia but have prior stops in Hawaii, New York ( doing another contiki tour through the east inc Canada) and then over to LA for this one. Iv travelled with Gecko but this is a first time with Contiki.

• 10 Apr 2013 miss_natalie said

Default_avatar

Hey bec ooh sounds like you have a lot of things booked how exciting! Are you travelling by yourself? I cant wait for this tour now only 3 months :) ooh I hope it doesn’t get cancelled but they can’t do that with guaranteed departures can they??! Hope not! So where in Australia are you from? ?

• 10 Apr 2013 Bec said

Default_avatar

Hi, yes i do have alot planned. And yes this is my first complete solo trip. I just want the next 3 months of uni to just disappear already lol. And yes it does have a definite departure. And I live about an hr south of sydney.

• 10 Apr 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

Hi bec, welcome aboard :-) it won’t be cancelled now, many people don’t use this but I’m sure lots are signed up! Wow sounds like you have a very packed few months but I’m very jealous! I’m doing the east coast of America in a few years time so you’ll have to let me know the best things to do! Not long left now! Xx

• 1 Jul 2013 miss_natalie said

Default_avatar

Hellloo people!

Kim and Natalie here! 3 week tomorrow!! we cant wait to meet you! Its very strange that there isn’t many in our group but oh well we’ll soon get to meet the rest!
    So are you all prepared yet then and have yous decided on any optionals??! xx

• 1 Jul 2013 Kay22 said

Kay22

Hello :-)

I wouldn’t be worried, on my last contiki hardly anyone signed up for the group mainly cause no one really knew it was here! But the tour is fully booked so its all ok!! I can’t wait! Getting so excited now! I’m doing most of the optionals! Haha Xx

• 1 Jul 2013 Bec said

Default_avatar

Hi,

Yeah apparently it’s common for lots of people to not join the meet up. It feels so good to leave the Australian winter behind. I’m in Hawaii at the moment and its 30 degrees and amazing so hopefully the weather will be this good later. I can’t remember what optionals I’m doing but It will all depend on my budget towards the end of my trip.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 1 year

This question was posted about almost 2 years ago. It has been discussed 19 times.

3 people are following this discussion.

• Kay22
  • Default_avatar
  • Default_avatar

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.