Community_discussions_small  

Comment

please help, i need flight tickets advice ...

8 Jul 2010 Explorer1164356 said

Default_avatar
is it cheaper to purchace a one way ticket (from melbourne australia) to los angeles and a one way ticket from new york to aus??

or

is it cheaper to purchase a round ticket from aus to la and back and a ticket from new york back to la to get home for the grand southern trip??

cos so far these one way tickets seem to be just as expensive as the round trip tickets and a flight from new york to aus seems to be rrreealll expensive. the flight from new york to la seems to be only a few hundred

what to do? ... Confused
  • 14 May 2011 Nicole said

Nicole

When I bought my tickets, I went onto Webjet and did a multicity ticket from Sydney to LA, San Fran to NY, and NY to Syd. So much easier than booking each ticket individually. But you must fly with the same airline with the webjet multicity way.

• 24 May 2011 Kate said

Kate

It all depends… I do multicity way too.. but also check one way prices because sometimes oneway compared to round trip tickets within the USA are cheaper that i have found. But you have to be willing to do the work, as it would be more work.

• 24 May 2011 Kate said

Kate

It all depends… I do multicity way too.. but also check one way prices because sometimes oneway compared to round trip tickets within the USA are cheaper that i have found. But you have to be willing to do the work, as it would be more work.

• 1 Jul 2011 Explorer1260928 said

Default_avatar

Definately cheaper to do a return ticket to LA then a return interstate to N.Y..
    Because the planes from OZ all have to stop over in LAX regardless because that’s the furthest they can go with fuel..And with the multicity it can work out more expensive because if you have to fly with the same airline, then they may not have the cheapest fare for all the flights you want..
    And buying one way does not equate to half your money so again your loosing out on heaps! Example, flights that are 1500 return to LA would be like 999 one way..

• 1 Jul 2011 Kate said

Kate

And i recommend staying away from sites such as, expedia… I had such a hassle last time when booked through them.. MY plane from lax returning home got cancelled so they put me on a longer fight home, it was such a hassle to change it because its not directly booked with the airline. That is why i recommend booking with the airline themselves because if anything happens they can do something about it right away and are able to do something. As expedia they can’t really do much.
    but i agree with explorer126….. buy a return ticket from OZ to LAX then one ways withing the USA much cheaper way!.
    Only ones who might be able to find you cheaper flights multicity are Travel Agents, they have the inside scoop to finding out stuff like that…
    Hope this helps :)
    HAPPY CANADA DAY

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion