Community_discussions_small  

Question

How do you manage your cash whilst in Europe?

15 Apr 2007 Marsman asked

Marsman
Hiya,

I will be going on my first Contiki tour in May'07, and this was one of my concerns to. How do I manage my cash/expenses?

In South Africa there are certain requirements for French VISAs that needs to me met! one of them is like proof of 40EURO/day. You need to send this as proof with your VISA application.

I am using a Rennie's Cash Passport for my tour (the receipt from Rennies suffices for your VISA requirements) which is quite cool... will see how it goes. It was recommended by my travel agent. I am taking some cash and my credit card with just in case Smiler

Mars@
  • 16 Apr 2007 Erin0375 said

Default_avatar

Mars –

Last time I was in Europe, I left the US with $100 in pounds and Euros (I was going to London and paris). That only got me so far. They have ATM’s everywhere so bring an ATM/debit card. Just make sure you have money in your checking account! Also, credit cards get great exchange rates, so if you can use it, i would!

hope this helps

• 17 Apr 2007 Marsman said

Marsman

Hi … jip. .. i will be doing exactly that .. the more types the better! .. not lets not loose the lot at one go! i would presume..

Anyway .. thanx for the info. .. might see you on a trip in the future some time.

Mars..

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.