Community_discussions_small  

Question

GRAND NORTHERN! Starting in NYC on Oct 4th 2013

8 Jan 2013 taysk asked

taysk

I just booked my tour on the weekend and can't wait for october to come around! Has anyone else booked?

• 15 Jan 2013 nursekaff said

nursekaff

Hiya me and my friend Kristy are booked in on this tour. Can’t wait to go. We are doing grand southern before hand too :)

• 16 Jan 2013 Martin said

Martin

Hi! Im booked on this trip, so excited for it!

• 18 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

My mate ange is now joining us!!

• 18 Jan 2013 taysk said

taysk

aw how exciting! i’m going by myself, so glad i’ve met some people

• 18 Jan 2013 Martin said

Martin

Im traveling by myself too, im glad Contiki have these forums to meet people before you go on the trip!

• 18 Jan 2013 taysk said

taysk

yeah they’re really handy hey, wheres everyone staying in new york before the trip and for how many nights?

• 18 Jan 2013 Martin said

Martin

So far i’ve only booked the tour part, but im planning on getting to New York 30th September to have 4 nights there. I hope to spend the first 3 nights in a hotel in central Manhatten thats close to everything and then the 4th night i’ll stay in the Courtyard hotel where the tour starts the nex day.

How many nights are you having in New York and have you booked anywhere?

Also, are you having any post tour nights in LA?

• 19 Jan 2013 taysk said

taysk

Oh okay, cool! I arrive in new york on the 2nd of october at 6:30am :( way too early!! but i’m staying at the courtyard until the tour starts then i’m only in la the night our tour finishes and i fly out late the next day but i’m staying at the downtown something haha in la

• 19 Jan 2013 Martin said

Martin

Haha wow! That is so early!!! Can’t wait for this trip!

Ah thats cool! Im thinking maybe 2 nights in LA after the tour, just to avoid coming back to England for a bit longer!! haha is the downtown something hotel the one that the tour finishes?

If you wanted to feel free to add me on Facebook, my name is Martin Peters, im from Swindon in Englnd and my profile pic is me on a blue tshirt stood next to a guy with a shaved head and a beard! haha

• 19 Jan 2013 taysk said

taysk

Haha awh, I need to get back for work and to have a few days catching up on sleep! Yeah the one where the tour finishes, it used to be called the Kyoto hotel I think.
    Oh kay haha, ill add you

• 20 Jan 2013 Martin said

Martin

Haha that makes sense, jetlag sucks!!

Ah nice, i’l look it up, hopefully its near the main places in LA!

Ok cool, let me know if you have any trouble finding me cos i think i share my name with quite a few people in England! haha

• 20 Jan 2013 taysk said

taysk

I couldn’t find you on Facebook, you can add me if you like – Tay Kelly my profile picture is me in a black bikini haha

• 20 Jan 2013 Martin said

Martin

Haha i couldnt find you either!

Not sure if this will work, but this is the link to my profile: https://www.facebook.com/martin.peters.54

• 20 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

hey me and kath will be in nyc from 30th sept, not sure where were staying yet.

• 20 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

my fb is kristy lee keen and my profile pic is same as my one on here

• 23 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

hey i made a f.b group for this tour!! ive added who i know on this tour so far.

• 23 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

ok f.b group link is https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/135173879980411/

• 28 Jan 2013 taysk said

taysk

What is everyone wanting to see while we’re in New York? Does anybody know if we would be seeing the Statue of Liberty with the tour group or would it be a good idea to do that before the trip?

• 28 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk
    i think we do a little drive around new york but i think we head pretty straight for boston so id see anything you want to in ny before tour.
  • 28 Jan 2013 kristyk said

kristyk

My problem is i have so much i want to do in the 3 days i have there. So im going tk be very busy haha

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion