Community_discussions_small  

Question

Greek Island Hopping. Anyone else doing it solo?

8 Jan 2013 Haz asked

Haz

Hey guys!
Thinking about doing the Greek Island Hopping in July or around that time.. I live in Australia and doing it solo! Pretty excited :) What date is everyone going on? Just trying to decide when to go!

• 8 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

Hey! I’m doing Greek Island Hopping solo too! I’m going on July 4th. There’s actually a pretty big group of people that have already booked that date – I think I’ve found about 10 others so far. You should join us! If you decide to, we have a Facebook group that you can join. :) Should be sooo fun, I can’t wait!

• 8 Jan 2013 Haz said

Haz

Oh awesome! That sounds really good. The tour looks amazing so I am super keen :) How did you go with flights? I tried finding some through contiki but it kept saying it nothing could be searched.

• 9 Jan 2013 Elyse2013 said

Elyse2013

Im doing London to Athens and then Greek Island Hopping Solo too. Tour Starts on 11th June so will be greek Island hopping from 1st-2nd July! so excited! x

• 9 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

I haven’t booked my flights yet because I’m waiting for the prices to drop, which hasn’t happened yet lol so I’ll probably be booking them soon. I’m doing that myself, not through Contiki. I’m really looking forward to this tour, I hear it’s one of the best Contiki has to offer. Two weeks of sun, sand, and partying – sounds pretty perfect to me!

Elyse! I think we’re on the same London to Athens tour! I’m getting to London on June 9th so I’ll have a bit of extra time there, then my tour departs London on the 11th and ends in Athens on July 1st. Sounds like the same tour to me, haha. How exciting! I didn’t add on the Greek Island Adventurer extension though, I decided to do Greek Island Hopping separately because I’d rather spend an extra day on each island. Anyway, I’ll send you the link to our facebook group in a minute so you can join. :)

• 10 Jan 2013 Jacqui said

Jacqui

Im doing Greek Island Hopping but in June :) I’m booking in the next couple of days! I’m from Australia too and its my first Contiki. Cant wait!!

• 14 Jan 2013 Tony said

Tony

Hey i’m thinking of doing Greek Island hoping with 3 friends on July 12th. Can someone say Group discount lol?

• 15 Jan 2013 lexer said

lexer

Hey, I’m doing the Mediterrean Trail with the Greek Island Hopping Option begins July 9th. I know if you do the first part of the trip that I am doing, they combine you with other Contiki travelers who are doing just the Greek Island hopping part. My trip begins on July 9th. I believe around July 20th I will be combined in Athens with who ever is doing the Greek Island hopping. I am so excited. I’ve been on a contiki before and went solo and met so many friends however, I did meet people in discussion forrums first which made everything easier. I’ve been to Mykonos before and it is out of control fun. It would be cool to meet people before I go if they are going at same time. If anyone is going around this time, I can shoot you my FB page.

*Also, on June 27th I am doing the Croatia Island hopping trip which is 10 days. After that I am staying in Dubrovnik for a few days before I fly to Rome to begin the Mediterranean trail trip. Just wanted to put that out there incase anyone else is doing this!

Thanks!

• 16 Jan 2013 Grant said

Grant

Hey! im doing the Greek Island Hopping starting July 4th and will be doing it solo aswell!!!
    Cant wait! I live in Australia too. I didnt know when to go either but people I spoke to recommended around July so yeah should be good..might see you on the same tour :)

• 16 Jan 2013 Tony said

Tony

Lexer I’m not sure how Contiki combines different groups but hopefully the July 9th and July 12th Tour meet up. I am doing Spain and the running of the bulls with some friends before the Greek Island hopping tour July 12th. I’ve never done the Greek island so any inside information let me know.

Btw since you are doing Rome you might like this. “I went last year and it was great!”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdqE6K6YA7Q

• 16 Jan 2013 lexer said

lexer

hey tony, what day does your tour start on and what tour are you doing?

• 16 Jan 2013 Tony said

Tony

Hey Lexer

I’m thinking about Greek Island Adventure (10 days) on July 12th. I think its a couple of days after you start your tour…

http://www.contiki.com/destinations/europe/tours/270-greek-island-adventurer

• 18 Jan 2013 sarahlaurece said

sarahlaurece

Hey,

Im doing Road to Athens plus Greek Island Hopping, going solo! I have done contiki in Europe before and LOVED it. I will be on the July 4 Greek Island Hopping tour :-)

Let me know what the Facebook group is called and ill see if i can find it!

• 18 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

Hey Sarah, nice to meet you! I did a Contiki in Europe before too so I’m really excited to be going back! Glad you’re joining us, here’s the link to our facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/128627867288592/

• 4 Feb 2013 Alex said

Alex

going may 10th anyone else going then ???

• 6 Feb 2013 Jess said

Jess

Hey! I’m doing the Greek Island tour on July 1st, I’m from Australia and it’s my first overseas trip! Also going on my own too :)

• 7 Feb 2013 talissa said

talissa

im goin on the july 1st aswell ! cant wait will be a crazy time and memories never to forget :D

• 14 Feb 2013 Good87 said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone! From just reading the Forums, I found that alot of people choose to do the tour in July. Is there a certain reason everyone is choosing that time of the year? I was planning on going around May 10th and stay a Week after the tour Till the 30th.

• 18 Feb 2013 loz388 said

loz388

I’m on the 6th Aug departure for GIH :) CAN’T WAIT

• 20 Feb 2013 umkirstn said

umkirstn

Is anyone doing the June 22nd – July 4th Tour Greek Island Hopping ?

• 26 Feb 2013 LC said

LC

Anyone doing the Greek Island tour starting 19 June?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion