Community_discussions_small  

Comment

03 July 08 - European Escapade

15 Nov 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar
Hey, me and two other girlfriends have just booked our contiki tour to leave on the 3rd July. We are from Newcastle Australia and was wondering if anyone else will be on the same trip? We are staying at the Royal National 3 days before the trip leaves! Be good to hear from anyone else that will be on the same tour! Smiler
  • 22 Nov 2007 katieL said

Default_avatar

Hey, my friend and i booked ours a few weeks ago. We’re from melbourne Australia. Were pretty excited. Should be a good trip. We’re going to Scottland first then probably staying at the Royal NAtional for a few days before.
    Katie and Vesna Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Nov 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

Hey…its going to be so much fun!! it so far away lol it’s my first time overseas without my parents so little scary!! how old are you guys?

• 24 Nov 2007 katieL said

Default_avatar

Im 21 and Vesna is 22. Yeah im a bit scared. It’s going to be my first time overseas ever! The long plane trip scares me too!

• 25 Nov 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

Hey…a nice i’ll be 20 and the other girls will be 19 that i am going with! Yeah i dont handle long flights well i flew to LA and i think that was 14 hours and was a little unwell over there but i think this time i will be taking sleeping tablets or something! Should be fun on the tour but least we will have some people that know what they are doing! apparently the tour is nearly full!!

• 26 Nov 2007 whop said

Default_avatar

howdy peoples,
    count 4 aussie blokes in for this tour. im the grandpa in this group, i’ll be 24 and the other boys will be 23 and 20. already pumped to get over there and party 25 days straight!!! and as an added bonus you gotta love two summers in the one year…can’t wait!

• 26 Nov 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

Hey…awesome where about are you guys from? so excited hey! Me and one of the other girls that is coming were saying we really need to learn how to drink beer! Haha I’m more your vodka fan! You staying at the RN before the tour…think we are there like 3 nights before going to have a look around London…two summers in a row will be great looking forward to getting a good tan!

• 27 Nov 2007 Colesy said

Default_avatar

Hey guys. I’m friends with Ashleigh36 and will be going on the 3rd July tour. Looking heaps forward to it.
    Ash, i can’t imagine us going up to a beerhall in Munich and asking for a champagne/ vodka and orange. we are gunna start drinking beer!

• 27 Nov 2007 whop said

Default_avatar

hey ash,
    we are all sydney boys…oh and don’t worry about the beer thing, a few drinking sessions with us guys and you’ll be showing the Germans how to drink beer when we get to Munich Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->…maybe you should get get some practice in at the ‘brewery’…and we are staying at the RN 2 or 3 nights before the tour and 1 after.

• 27 Nov 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

lol The brewery is good for cheap cocktails on a sunday afternoon…well they go down with Colesy pretty well! i went to Paddington bowling club not long back…that was a fun night!
    Yeah i think we are about the same 3 nights before and one at the end!! what date are you flying over?
    I posted a thing asking if we really need to take sleeping bags and apparently we do and towels!

• 28 Nov 2007 whop said

Default_avatar

flying out on the 30th of june and flying home on the 30th july. thanks for the heads up with the sleeping bag and towel. I haven’t even looked at the necessities and finer details for the trip…probably leave it all to the final minute!

• 29 Nov 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

Cool, haha no worries leave it to females to worry about the necessities!

• 30 Nov 2007 Max.Smith said

Max.Smith

Count me in as well =o) 22/yrs old Southern Californian (San Diego,CA) I graduatae SDSU in 3 weeks and get this trip from the parentals for a gift Red Face<!--graemlin::o-->) There is 1 other coming with so far. 21/F. Hope we have a party group :0)

• 1 Dec 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!! good to see we got some more people booked to go on the tour! so excited! thinking we might be in for a big party!

• 3 Dec 2007 Max.Smith said

Max.Smith

Just officially booked my trip for the 3rd. Super excited to meet, travel, and party with all of you. see ya in July. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Dec 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

HEYA how exciting!! im not far off from paying off my whole trip!! sooo over work and looking forward to a month off!!

• 3 Dec 2007 Max.Smith said

Max.Smith

In case any of you have myspace…my URL is www.Myspace.com/msmith380. If so stop by and say hello.

• 5 Dec 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

Hey all our tavel agent was told that this tour wasnt going ahead because they didnt have enough numbers so we moved to the tour leaving on the 5th…i called contiki and they said that the 3rd is fully booked…dont really know what happened but our tour has been moved to the 5th so looks like we wont be on this one leaving the 3rd!! Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 6 Dec 2007 Max.Smith said

Max.Smith

Boo. Change back to the 3rd…

• 7 Dec 2007 whop said

Default_avatar

hi ash,
    sounds like you may have a very lazy travel agent. probably got around to booking you guys in when it was too late…have a great time anyways…and just for everyone elses peace of mind, if you haven’t called up already, the trip is NOT cancelled.

• 11 Dec 2007 Ashleigh36 said

Default_avatar

yeah i think so! we got handed over to the manager because she stuffed up so many times with our trip! but everything has been moved around and we are staying on the 5th it gives us a little longer in London to check it out and be ready for the tour!

You all sound like a good party group sucks we wont be joining you all! might see you all before you head off on your tour!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.