Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Good places to stay in Melbourne

16 Dec 2006 Madame Flutterby said

Default_avatar
Hey there;

My friend and I are doing the Beaches & Reefs trip in Aug. 2007. I wanted to spend a few days in Melbourne before the trip started because it's not included in the tour and I've heard that you have to see this city if you visit Australia. Does anyone know of any affordable places to stay that are in a good locations? Thanks a bunch.
  • 16 Dec 2006 gercoo said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    We’re in Melbourne now, about to do the same tour as you starting on Dec 21. We’re staying at a place called Urban Central Backpackers. Prices seem to vary depending on the time of the year you stay, it’s not very old and has a great atmosphere. It’s also about a 10 minute walk from the CBD, and has regular tram and bus services right past the door. Check it out at www.urbancentral.com.au. I really rate the place.
    Hope this helps
    Gerard

• 17 Dec 2006 Madame Flutterby said

Default_avatar

Gerard,

Thanks for the info. You’ll have to tell me how your trip went so I can have some sort of clue about what it’ll be like.

Bula

• 30 Dec 2006 Jocie said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    If ur in Melbourne in summer, a place you have to go down to is St. Kilda Beach… the atmosphere down there is great and there’s always something to do whether it be laze around on the beach (not the best beach in melb… try black rock) try some of the restaurants, cafe’s and gelati shops down there or go bar hopping later on. You can also do a bit of shopping down there and have a look at Luna Park (theme park… the rollercoaster overlooks the beach).
    I’m from melb myself so if u need any more info let me know. Have fun… Melbourne’s the city down under that never sleeps.

• 30 Dec 2006 helzbelz82 said

Default_avatar

Hey, Ive just the B&R trip it was amazing!! I also spent some time in Melbourne before flying to Sydney. I stayed in Nomads in Melbourne centre which was cheap and very trendy, I also stayed in St Kilda at Base which was also really good. If u have any questions let me know Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Jan 2007 Madame Flutterby said

Default_avatar

Hey guys;

Thanks for all the info. I had a friend told me that there was no way I could go to Australia and not see Melbourne so that’s what I’m planning on doing. I’m looking forward to hitting the club scene and of course, everything else that I can possibly do.

What’s the weather like in Melbourne during August?

• 26 Jan 2007 Chris_V said

Chris_V

hey all
    My name is chris from melbourne australia I think that the Best place to stay in melbourne are the Novotel on Collins Street , The Sebel Hotel or the Novotel in St. Kidla

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.