Community_discussions_small  

Question

Egypt and Nile River Cruise July 2013?

12 Jan 2013 robertom87 asked

robertom87

Hey guys, is anyone doing the Egypt and Nile River cruise in July 2013? I'm looking at maybe doing the July 26 one coming from the Greek Islands. Would love to gauge the interest and see if other people are interested?

Cheers!

• 5 May 2013 Reggie said

Reggie

Hi Robert,

Is this the same as the Egypt & The Nile Tour? I’m going in July but on the 6th because afterwards i’m going to the Peru Uncovered on the 20th of July.

Kind Regards,
    Reggie

• 28 Jun 2013 Anna183 said

Anna183

Hey Reggie, I’m on the 6th July tour as well!

• 8 Jul 2013 Xtina said

Xtina

If you do go to Egypt, please post how it goes!
    Ive read great reviews about the Egypt tour however I keep hearing nothing but negative news about Egypts political situation. I’m curious to know how it actually is before I book my trip for November

• 10 Jul 2013 Reggie said

Reggie

I’ve postponed my trip till september 28th due to the political situation there. Will let u know.

• 11 Jul 2013 Xtina said

Xtina

^ Thanks. I may still book the tour for November. Im hoping it settles by then. Plus, Contiki is pretty safe and the protestors arent happening near the tourist sites I believe.

• 13 Jul 2013 Anna183 said

Anna183

Hey xtina, I’m in Cairo at the moment, my contiki finished last night. It really was so amazing and so safe. Contiki changed our hotel so that we were staying well away from where the protests were happening in Cairo, and as soon as we left Cairo it was 100% safe.
    Also because of all the warnings surrounding Egypt, there was literally no tourists anywhere. Our contiki group were the only tourists at the majority of attractions including the pyramids. We had the entire place to ourselves.
    Our tour manager sherif ensured our safety was his number one priority at all times.
    I really hope you do still come as this was one of the best experiences of my life! Definitely don’t let the protests scare you off!

• 14 Jul 2013 Xtina said

Xtina

Thank you so much for that information! As soon as I read your response I booked my flight. Egypt and the Nile in November! Thanks again for letting us know :-)

• 16 Jul 2013 Anna183 said

Anna183

Glad to hear it! I’ve just arrived back in Sydney today. So tired! Haha. Have an amazing time!
    Sherif, the tour guide really is one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met.
    If you’ve got any other questions let me know!

• 7 Aug 2013 Kaska said

Kaska

Hi Everyone, my husband and I are booked for Sept 7th and we are seriously considering canceling! I have been wanting to visit Egypt so badly for so long, but am not willing to risk my life to do so. I do not know what to do!!

• 19 Aug 2013 Mcollani said

Mcollani

Hi people….. I’m going to Egypt with 3 friends on October 26th, and I also want some informations from somebody that visit there during this political situation!! :) Someone can help us??

• 19 Aug 2013 Mcollani said

Mcollani

Hi people! I’m going to Egypt with 2 friends on October 26th, and I really want some information from somebody that visit Egypt now in August!! Somebody can help?? :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion