Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Money For Meals, etc.

16 Feb 2010 Explorer1167396 said

Default_avatar
Hi there,
I was browsing through the pages and couldn't seem to find anything relating to this, so I apologise if there already is a topic about it.
I'm looking doing my first Contiki Tour ometime in the near future but it all depends on whether or not i'd b able to afford it after everything like food, pre tour accomm, transfers, spending money and all that is accounted for. I love to do either the 8 day Great Britain Tour or the 6 day Scotland Tour.

I was wondering if you could tell me how much money i would need to put aside for rougly 4 dinner and 8 lunches? i'm not a big drinker so i wouldn't need to worry all that much about that. All your help would be so appreciated.
  • 27 Feb 2010 WestOzChick said

Default_avatar

Hey Explorer1167396,
    I am budgeting for at least $50-$100 per day (this is worst case) Some days i prob wont spend that and other days i may go over…

The only thing that really sucks is that our aussie dollar is half their currency atm so its pretty crap haha, the money ive saved has nearly halved Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> but sooo worth it…

I know that on tour dinners are supplied most nights but on the night that you have to get your own, maybe go with something cheap on the menu, and for lunches yeh maybe something light and cheap too… The only money situation i would be worried about is the additional excursions you do and saving for them (as this is a must for me)… The whole point of travelling is to experience it all and may as well or whats the point going… Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Hope this helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.