Community_discussions_small  

Question

Greek Island Hopping, July 4th!!! Who is going??

15 Jan 2013 Grant asked

Grant

Hey guys, just wondering who else is doing the Greek Island Hopping starting July 4th?
This is my first contiki and will be doing it solo! Thought it would be good to know a few people who might be doing the same tour aswell!!

• 16 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

Hey, I’m going on this tour too! I can’t wait! I’m from America and this will be my 3rd Contiki. I’m going solo as well. I’ve heard only great things about Greek Island Hopping so it should be awesome! We actually have a facebook group for this date and there’s 7 of us joined so far. Here’s the link: http://www.facebook.com/groups/128627867288592/ :)

• 16 Jan 2013 Grant said

Grant

Hey Megan! I was hoping there would be others going solo aswell so thats good! :)
    Yeah same everyone talks about the partying in particular! lol Cant wait I have been to europe once but I have always wanted to do the greek islands. So this tour seems perfect to get away from it all! Will you be going anywhere else around there?

• 16 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

Yeah, I’m doing a tour beforehand, London to Athens. It’s 23 days and it ends on the 1st of July, so I’ll be hanging out in Athens for a few days before our Greek Island Hopping tour starts! And yesss I’ve ALWAYS wanted to go there too, I can’t wait. The partying will be epic for sure!! Out of all the people I’ve met doing this tour, only 1 person is going with a friend, everyone else is going solo. Yay! :)

• 18 Jan 2013 sarahlaurece said

sarahlaurece

Hey guys!

Im also booked on this tour. Glad ive finally found some others who are on the same one :-)

• 18 Jan 2013 Grant said

Grant

Hey sarah! nice to meet you!

Yeah so was I, I was telling megan that going solo was the only thing i was worried about but now i dont care lol I just cant wait to get over there and start partying! where will you be flying from? :)

sarahlaurece

Im going solo too, kinda looking forward to it, ive done Contiki before with friends but it looked like it wouldnt be too bad on your own either, a lot of people seem to do it that way.
    Im from Canberra so ill be flying to Sydney and then flying out from there. Im doing the Road to Athens tour before this one as well.
    Cant wait!!!!

sarahlaurece

Are you spending any time in Europe before or after?

• 18 Jan 2013 Grant said

Grant

Ohh thats awesome! What tour did you do? Ahhhh yeah I saw the road to athens it looks really good!!!
    Yeah I will be in Malta for a week beforehand and then another three weeks after! I visited family for the first time there last year and fell in love with the place!!!! but i had to see the greek islands if i was going to be that close again! so I’m the same can’t wait for it all to start! :)

• 19 Jan 2013 Jules19 said

Jules19

Hi Guys,

Im looking into booking July 4th for this trip!!! Ive always wanted to go to The Greek Islands and this contiki is on top of my list. Im also looking into to doing the European Escapade contiki prior to this and then finishing itoff with the sun and beach time on the islands. Im also a first time SOLO traveller. Very scary but exciting too :)

• 19 Jan 2013 Grant said

Grant

Hey Jules!!!
    Yeah book the Greek Islands for July 4th! I only just booked and realised how many people are doing it and we are all going solo apparently so dont worry about being scared just be excited lol I cant wait for everything! Where abouts are you from? :)

• 20 Jan 2013 Megan said

Megan

Hi Jules! Agreed with Grant, July 4th is the date to go! :) We’re all going solo and it’s a pretty good group so far, I think we’re all really keen to hang out and party in the Greek Isles! Should be awesome, I’m so excited. I’m doing another Contiki before this one too – London to Athens on June 9th – so I’ll be in Europe for close to 6 weeks. This will be my third Contiki and I’ve always gone solo… in my opinion, it’s the only way to go! If you do end up booking for July 4th, feel free to join our Facebook group and meet everyone :)

• 20 Jan 2013 Jules19 said

Jules19

Looks like 4th of July is the way to go :) how exciting! Now that I know most of us are solos, that’s even better!!!

Grant, I’m from sydney australia. How about you??

Megan, I agree, I always wanted to travel solo without the burden of having to always agree to do the same thing if you were to go with someone else. .. I’m getting so excited haha.. :)

• 20 Jan 2013 Grant said

Grant

Let us all know if you end up booking for the 4th!
    Seriously!?! haha I’m from Sydney aswell! :) its going to be soo good leaving here for 6 weeks! lol

• 1 Mar 2013 Jules19 said

Jules19

Hi guys, so I have officially booked for July 4th. So excited and looking forward to meeting you guys. I’m also doing the European whirl contiki prior to this so I’m actually getting into Athens July 2nd? Anyone else getting into Athens around that time

• 1 Mar 2013 Megan said

Megan

Yaaayy, that’s exciting! I’m getting into Athens on July 1st which is when my London to Athens tour finishes and I know of several others who are arriving early as well. We’ll all have to hang out before our tour starts! Our hotel has a rooftop bar so I know where I’ll be :)

• 2 Mar 2013 Sundy05 said

Sundy05

Hey :) I’m Sundy from New Zealand, nice to meet you guys! Looking at doing the Greek island hopping Contiki solo sometime this July. 4th of July is looking tempting! Waiting for leave approval from work.
    Hey Megan, sounds like you are booked and ready to go :) How is the accomodation looking like, and is it mostly twin-share ?? and does the itinerary look like we get a bit of free time to explore the islands ourselves :)?

• 7 Mar 2013 Grant said

Grant

Hey Jules thats awesome!! Finally someone else from Sydney!!! i think all of us that are arriving early are staying at the Posiedon Hotel. ohh that rooftop bar!!!!! lol
    Sundy! You should defs book for July 4th im pretty sure there is a big group of us and Megan put up a fb page for everyone in that tour! so most of us will know of each other at least. :)

• 8 Mar 2013 Sundy05 said

Sundy05

Nice to have such a big group for July 4th :)!
    I have booked for 7th July Tour..but will be at Posiden Hotel on the 5th so might catch some of you guys there after your big tour of Athens :)

• 19 Apr 2013 Mae...mae said

Mae...mae

Hello Everyone! I am also on the 4th of July tour. My name is Mae and I am from Melbourne. I must join the facebook page.

• 19 Apr 2013 Grant said

Grant

Hey Mae! try this link: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/128627867288592/
    Alot of people on our tour are on this page so its pretty good to know a few people if your going solo!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.