Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of U.S.A Start New York, August 7, 2013

18 Jan 2013 dgordon asked

dgordon

Just trying to get an idea of who's going/ any suggestions about the tour, never done a contiki before, so I have no idea how this all works!

Sooooo if anyone feels like saying hi or offer any advice, i'm all for it!

• 19 Jan 2013 hayleyhorowitz said

hayleyhorowitz

Hey,

i am going on the best of usa tour that starts on the 4th Aug, is this the one you mean? there is a few of us already booked. it looks fantastic i am going by myself and i think most of the other people are also :)

• 19 Jan 2013 hayleyhorowitz said

hayleyhorowitz

i am booked for this tour – cannot wait! there is a few of us already booked in this tour.. i am going by myself and i think most of the others are also :)

• 19 Jan 2013 dgordon said

dgordon

Hey!
    Nah, I meant the 7th haha. I haven’t booked the tour quite yet, just trying to get a few things in order first (flights etc.) but I’m almost at the stage where I’m ready to, damned planning.

so far my plan is to fly in a few days before hand, then spend the night before the tou starts at the hotel they book for us. then at the end of the tour stay one more night at the place then a few days adventuring, then up to canada!

Don’t suppose you know much about this Visa Waiver Program the US has do you?

• 20 Jan 2013 Rachelle said

Rachelle

Hey, I’m booked on this tour also, starting the 7th. It looks like an amazing experience and I am likewise traveling alone. I’ve haven’t done a Contiki tour before, but I did a Topdeck tour of Europe last year and it was worth every cent! And I imagine the experiences would be similar. =)

• 21 Jan 2013 hayleyhorowitz said

hayleyhorowitz

haha woops thats what i ment! oh im glad most people are travelling alone so im not the only one :)

it looks like sooooo much fun! im counting down the days.. as for the visa im not too sure sorry i havent had a chance to look at that yet.. im hoping its nice and easy to get

• 22 Jan 2013 dgordon said

dgordon

Hayley,
    If you’re travelling as a tourist for less than 90 days you can apply for the Visa Waiver Program. It costs $14 all up, and you can apply/pay online. Look up ESTA ,it will tell you more than I can :-)

• 23 Feb 2013 Evra said

Evra

Hi all,
    I am also thinking about going on this tour. I really want to see these places but I have never done a contiki and would be traveling alone so I’m a bit hesitant..
    Are you all sharing rooms or getting your own?

• 23 Feb 2013 hayleyhorowitz said

hayleyhorowitz

i think most of us are sharing rooms and we are all traveling alone :) we’re all soooo excited!

• 23 Feb 2013 Rachelle said

Rachelle

Hey Evra, Contiki tours are really great if your travelling alone, you make so many friends. And those of us who’ve been talking so far are travelling alone. =)

• 24 Feb 2013 Evra said

Evra

Thanks Hayley and Rachelle thats really good to know :)
    I’ll look into it this week :))

• 10 Apr 2013 Sam91 said

Default_avatar

I’m going on this one aswell!! :) pretty excited

• 10 Apr 2013 Rachelle said

Rachelle

A group of us have made a Facebook group if wanted to talk and get to know some of us before the tour=)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/406470946097095/

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion