Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Northern September 13th 2013

18 Jan 2013 Erin Cochrane asked

Erin Cochrane

Any one going to be on this tour? Starting in NY on the 13th september and finishes in LA on the 8th of October? I am from Australia travelling by myself wanitng to hopefully meet people on the same tour.

• 7 Feb 2013 Calfucious said

Calfucious

• 25 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Hey Erin,

Ive just had a look and i cant seem to find this tour your talking about. In saying this, there is a tour for that date from NY to LA but its called the Grand Northern, is this the one you meant?

=) Emma

• 25 Feb 2013 Erin Cochrane said

Erin Cochrane

Yes it is. Sorry wrong tour name.

• 25 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Thats okay =) So your doing the tour? I’ll be doing the same tour =)

• 25 Feb 2013 Erin Cochrane said

Erin Cochrane

Oh excellent. Yes I will be on it. So excited. Where are you from? Are you travelling by yourself?

• 25 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Oh yay this is great. Your the first ive spoken to that is doing this tour. Im doing the Grand Southern beforehand also =) Im from Perth and yep, traveling solo. Where abouts are you from?
    When will you arrive in NY? Ill be there 3 full days before the tour to do touristy stuff.
    Have you sorted out your NY accommodation? I havent yet, still looking into hotels as there seems to be a couple of girls from my first contiki staying in NY for a few days =)

• 26 Feb 2013 Erin Cochrane said

Erin Cochrane

Yeah you are the first i have spoken to on the tour aswell, thought i was going all by myself. I am also from Perth and travelling solo. small world. where abouts in Perth are you from? I did the Grand Southern march last year. Was so much fun. i am staying in NY for 3 days before the tour aswell then going back once the tour is finished as i have friends there. I am staying at the holiday inn midtown i am pretty sure. its agood central location.

• 26 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Oh yay =) Im in like the south perth area, how about you? Thats awesome that you have done the Grand Southern already… any tips and things that i must do or avoid?? haha i hope i have just as much fun.
    3 days is a good amount of time. Ill be finished with my first contiki in the 9th sept and obviously we start ours on the 13th so i have 3 full days also. I might have to look into holiday in midtown cause i want to be pretty central also. Apparently our tour leaves from the Courtyard Hotel in the upper east side but its like $249 per night twin share so im looking for something a little cheaper.
    So exciting =) hopefully more people from our tour gets on here and says hello =)

• 26 Feb 2013 Erin Cochrane said

Erin Cochrane

I am in Noranda which is next to Morley. i can’t think of any tips at the moment when i do i’ll let you know. oh actually take a pillow for the bus. comes in handy. thats cool you are doing to tours back to back. Yeah the Courtyeard hotel is expensive but most hotels in new york are. but $249 for twin share is really bad you could get a room on your own for that much. I am so looking forward to this trip I Love the US can’t wait to get back. make sure you have a bit of spending money becuase tipping and tax is what really adds up. But shopping is super cheap. Hopefully there will be more poeple to speka to from the trip.

• 26 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Oh cool, ill defs be getting some type of neck pillow. Sounds good, got quite a few months to save. So are you actually booked into the holiday inn midtown or just thinking of it? What are your plans for NY, you doing all the touristy stuff also?

• 27 Feb 2013 Erin Cochrane said

Erin Cochrane

I have booked the hotel. I will be doing touristy stuff in ny I have been there before and have done a lot hut there is so much to do that I missed a few things. Want to do more broadway shows and central park. Thank goodness it is a while away so I can save lol.

• 27 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Oh cool. I defs wanna try to get as much done as possible. Hey, just wondering, are you just gonna travel from the Holiday Inn to the Courtyard Hotel the morning we leave?

Erin Cochrane

yeah i’ll just catch a cab to the hotel.they normally do it where the night before we all meet at the courtyard hotel to meet the tour manager and other people on the tour.

• 27 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Yeah sounds good. Its the same as contiki’s in Europe. How many nights have you got in LA after the contiki? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to see what everyone has planned =)

Erin Cochrane

No thats cool. I am only in LA one night then i fly back to new york for a few weeks. Are you planning on staying in LA for a few days?

• 28 Feb 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Thats gonna be so cool spending a few week in NY. Ill be in LA for at least one night, maybe two and then going down to San Diego.

• 27 Jun 2013 Tom said

Tom

Hey you guys realise we’re in NY in September 11

• 27 Jun 2013 Erin Cochrane said

Erin Cochrane

Yeah we are and it’s probably the safest day to be in ny police pretty much stand on every corner.

• 28 Jun 2013 Emma said

Default_avatar

Hey Explorer1213349. I think it’ll be a pretty cool experience really. What are you travel plans? You and Erin are the only ones that i’ve seen on this forum =)

• 28 Jun 2013 Tom said

Tom

This is my 5th contiki…first without a facebook page though. Yeah i get in USA 4th catch up with friends in California. Then get to new York on 10th. My name is Tom aswell. I’m looking at doing a pub crawl on the 11th do some famous pubs like how i meet your mother pub.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion