Community_discussions_small  

Comment

expandable luggage

7 Nov 2007 Sar said

Default_avatar
I could t find any topics relating specifically to expandable luggae. I know the guidelines say non expandable luggage, but it's all I have and I really dont want to buy new luggage - is this a rule strictly enforced?
  • 7 Nov 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by MiaGator:
    I’ve used expandable luggage on all three tours – not expanded / not overweight when checking in. However, as I shopped, I expanded that luggage like a mofo.

What’s a mofo? Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 7 Nov 2007 Sar said

Default_avatar

thanks guys!! I can breath a sigh of relief! can’t wait for my holiday!

European Vista Nov 26

• 7 Nov 2007 Adel said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by ptooma:
    quote:
    I’ve used expandable luggage on all three tours – not expanded / not overweight when checking in. However, as I shopped, I expanded that luggage like a mofo.

lol vic….. maybe someone oughta write a glossary in this forum eh :P

topic wise, i bet i would be expanding my luggage like heck too

• 7 Nov 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by ptooma:
    quote:

www.urbandictionary.com Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 7 Nov 2007 ptooma said

Default_avatar

Expandable criteria is not enforced. But for tours leaving from London, 20kg limit is tyrannically enforced when you board the coach on the first day only – no exceptions.

• 10 Nov 2007 jelly baby said

Default_avatar

hi, i have luggage to leave on the tour departing on the 24th nov but my luggage is 5 cm over the limit do u think thye will mind, it is alos expandable but i am positive it will be under weight, do u think i will need to get a new bag???? do they weigh your hand luggage with the suitcase luggage??

• 10 Nov 2007 Janie said

Janie

So Contiki don’t mind thats its an expandable suitcase as long as its within the right weight, the size is correct and its not expanded at the time of departure. Have i got that right? Cause i have an expandable one as well and really don’t want to have to buy a new one.

• 11 Nov 2007 aroundthe said

Default_avatar

They usualy dont mind but do have a right to reject any luggage based on the luggage guideline. Keep that in mind.

• 13 Nov 2007 Sar said

Default_avatar

i emailed contiki and they said that there is no problem with expandable luggage as long as it is within the measurement restrictions!

• 14 Nov 2007 Vee said

Default_avatar

How is it fair that people can take expandable luggage (lets say it expands 5cm more) but people who have got fixed suitcases that are 5cm more to start with are not allowed?

So if 50% of the tour expand their luggage by 5cm that means you have 4 cubic meters of space in the luggage area that one or 2 people with over sized suicases could use from the begining, each only using 180 cubic centimeters.

Honestly I think that if there is a rule for size and expandable luggage they should be followed. It’s not fair to some who go and buy bags to the right size and are non expandable. Where as they probably could’ve used the bag they already had…

• 14 Nov 2007 Jess&Aleks said

Default_avatar

Vee thats a bit harsh, considering so many people already have expandable luggage. It would be fair if they enforced the no expanding during the tour not just at the start.. I personally dont have any luggage looking to borrow a case which is expandable..

• 14 Nov 2007 ashleightara said

ashleightara

Well i guess if luggage doesn’t fit, the people who’ve expanded their luggage will have to unexpand it.

Rest assured many of them will also end up well over the weight limit and probably have to pay excess baggage fees at the airport on their way home…

• 15 Nov 2007 Vee said

Default_avatar

Well that makes me happier to think that some where along the line fees will come in.

Honestly I don’t think it’s harsh I’ve got a case that will probably be 5cm over the size limit and now I’ve gotten go and buy another one.

I’m not saying you can’t use your expandable bag, just that if you do expand it you should pay a fee… That’s if over sized bags aren’t allowed…

• 15 Nov 2007 Sar said

Default_avatar

well i think you’re definately being harsh – a LOT of luggage is expandable now, and why buy a new bag if the only problem is that it’s expandable? mine is within the size limit even when it is expanded…so i don’t see a problem???

• 16 Nov 2007 Vee said

Default_avatar

All I’m saying it’s the double standards are unfair that’s all…

I’m not saying it’s your fault for having expandable luggage. I just don’t like double standards. And that’s Contiki’s fault.

Please don’t take it personally Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion