Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best of USA Starting Los Angeles 12 August 2013

19 Jan 2013 Emma asked

Emma

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone is going on the Best of USA Tour, starting in LA on 12th August?
I haven't booked yet, but I was looking at this tour.
I think it might be better to start in LA and finish in NYC.

Cheers
Emma

• 21 Jan 2013 Lara Alicia said

Lara Alicia

Hi Emma,

I am looking into doing this one aswell on the same date starting in LA i have not booked it get either but will be in the next few weeks :) are you travelling alone?

Lara

• 21 Jan 2013 Emma said

Emma

Hi Lara

My sister was hoping to come with me but she is having troubles getting the time off work. So at this stage I will be travelling alone. I did the Canadian Rockies tour a few years ago & went solo. Over half of the tour were also travelling solo. I found it was quite easy to make friends on the tour because of the closeness in age & sharing the passion for travel.

Emma

• 27 Mar 2013 Nichola said

Nichola

Hey guys,

I was going to go on this trip with my best friend/housemate/wingman.. but before we booked it she got herself new boyfriend. He has since moved in and they have planned to go to Thailand instead, thus leaving me alone lol
    I’m now undecided whether to go or not as I will be travelling alone and I have never been overseas before, let alone by myself. It’s something that I’ve wanted to do for about 5 years now and I really want to do while I’m still young! Any advice or a kick up the bum to get me out of my comfort zone would be much appreciated!

Nichola

• 27 Mar 2013 Frizzagal said

Default_avatar

Hi! I’m going on this tour with a friend! If you decide to join the tour please join the Facebook page too so we can all get to know one another before we set off! This is my first contiki tour with a friend, I have been on 4 previous tours solo. Though a little daunting at first, going solo is so rewarding and you make a heap of new friends!

• 31 Mar 2013 Chrissy said

Chrissy

Hi all!

I am going on this tour & would love to get to know others who are going :) it’s my first solo trip & as exciting as it is, I am a little nervous about it. Hope to hear from you guys!

Chrissy

• 2 Apr 2013 Melissa said

Melissa

Hey Guys!!!
    I was orginally booked on a tour in July but I have recently changed to this tour.
    Im travelling alone too , im glad to see that there are a few others travelling alone also.

Nichola, I defenitly think you should just book there is a few of us in the same boat as you! ( ps. Im from Melbourne also )
    Chrissy, I im a little nervous aswell but im feeling a little better knowing there are others travelling solo.

Not long to go, looking forward to meeting you all :)

Melissa

• 12 Apr 2013 lis_gypsy said

lis_gypsy

Hi I am going on this trip :D I’m traveling alone too, I’m glad there are a few of us traveling alone

I’m really excited about it :)

• 13 Apr 2013 Chrissy said

Chrissy

Hi Lis,

Are you just going on this tour? I’m getting excited about it now too! Not long to go now :D

• 13 Apr 2013 lis_gypsy said

lis_gypsy

Hi
    No I’m also doing the eastern discovery one from New Orleans-NYC, I’m really excited for both of them :D is anyone else doing more than one?

• 13 Apr 2013 lis_gypsy said

lis_gypsy

Hi
    No I’m also doing the eastern discovery one from New Orleans-NYC, I’m really excited for both of them :D is anyone else doing more than one?

• 19 Apr 2013 Chrissy said

Chrissy

Oh wow! That tour looks amazing, so lucky :D I’m only doing the best of USA but I have a few free days before and after the tour.

Are you from Perth?

• 19 Apr 2013 lis_gypsy said

lis_gypsy

It’s going to be fun :)

No I’m from sydney

• 23 Apr 2013 Chrissy said

Chrissy

Oh ok. Not long to go now :D

• 23 Apr 2013 Megsssssssss said

Default_avatar

Hi!
    My friend from Perth and I (I live in Sydney) are going on this tour :) Can’t wait!

• 23 Apr 2013 KaitlinJayne said

Default_avatar

Hi!
    My friend and I are doing this tour followed by some time in Orlando, Miami and Cancun :) We are both from Melbourne and it will be the first big trip out of Australia for both of us.
    Can’t wait!
    The countdown is well and truly on now! :D

• 23 Apr 2013 Megsssssssss said

Default_avatar

My friend and I are off to Orlando / Miami after our Contiki tour too!!!!!!

• 2 May 2013 Frizzagal said

Default_avatar

This is the link to the facebook group that I set up for our tour: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/614063121942594/

• 6 May 2013 angeladixon1 said

angeladixon1

Hi all
    Im going on this tour as well solo, i cannot wait!!

• 6 May 2013 Emma May said

Default_avatar

Hey All!

I am looking at doing this tour as well, no idea when though. Either end of this year or start of next year.
    Was going to apply for work in Canada but as i have not moved out of home and have never done anything so big i decided i really just want to travel and have fun rather than move.

Cannot wait to see Disneyland, one of the things i am most excited about !

• 9 May 2013 Chrissy said

Chrissy

hello Emma,

I am also thinking about working in Canada within the next 12 months :D

Have you looked at work opportunities over there?

:)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion