Community_discussions_small  

Question

how many people were on your tour??

20 Nov 2007 Jords asked

Default_avatar
hi guys

ive picked a guaranteed departure date for euro escapade in april (so far no-one else on here is doing this date that i know of) and i was just curious as to how many people have been on the tours that you have been on?... in your opinion was it better to have a tour to capacity or one with only half the numbers for instance?

i must admit i am worried that it might just be me and the the TM and driver!

jords
  • 20 Nov 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

No need to worry jords, I hadnt heard from anyone before my tour, and we ended up having a full group.

The one thing you cannot control when you book your tour is the group, so its not worth worrying about. Being guaranteed departure is it more than likely going to be full as these are generally the most popular.

You cant really compare a full or half full tour, as it in my opinion depend on the group of people you were with. You could have 50 dead boring people or 30 of the best people ever! or vice versa.

Its something you just cant predict

• 21 Nov 2007 sharpec said

Default_avatar

I just got back from Italy, and we had 48ppl on the tour.

• 21 Nov 2007 MJ said

Default_avatar

Hey Jords
    It varyies mine only had 39 people. More popular tours will of course be fuller than others. For me personally I like a smaller group it makes it easier to get to know your entire tour mates. You probably won’t run into too many going on your tour what I found is that 95% of the people on the tours don’t know about the boards or the website.

quote:
    You cant really compare a full or half full tour, as it in my opinion depend on the group of people you were with. You could have 50 dead boring people or 30 of the best people ever! or vice versa.

Too true real! Some of the people on my tour were stick in the muds and some were really fun you can’t judge until you get there and see.

And don’t worry about it just being you, if you were the only one booked on they tour they’d cancle it. If you are worried about it being canceled I’d book a garunteed date.

I only ran into 2 people on the boards before the tour so you just never know. No matter what though you will have fun either way!

• 21 Nov 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

We were maxed out at 53 people, though very few of them knew about this message board.

• 21 Nov 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

My Euro Discovery and Scandi and Russia were full. My Egypt tour was 20 and I thought it was a good amount of people.

• 21 Nov 2007 nick13 said

Default_avatar

hey
    i wouldnt worry, i asked about the same thing when i booked my tour and the contiki rep told me that the summer trips basically sell out.

• 25 Nov 2007 Vivz said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jords:

i must admit i am worried that it might just be me and the the TM and driver!

jords

Hahaha! Oh, I feel you Jords. I’m kicking off my solo europe trip on the UE tour, and have already spoken to a few fellow travellers on the same tour in the contiki message boards. But, I’ll be finishing with another tour after my first, and unfortunately i’m getting no replies!
    But, like a few people already have said, theres plenty of people that don’t know of the contiki message boards that will be travelling on the same tour date… well lets hope we wont be alone Razzer<!--graemlin::p-->

• 25 Nov 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Vivz, if you are going on UE you MUST check out www.davechallenger.com

The best travelogue out there

• 26 Nov 2007 Vivz said

Default_avatar

Thanks, real_mccoy.
    But I’ve already sniffed out this awsome travelogue, that dave has created from his UE tour.

Its kinda like my bible Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->
    I’m always quoting his experiences!

• 26 Nov 2007 C0REY said

Default_avatar

On the Simply Italy tour I went on we had 50 of us and only about 10 folks wrote into the website before the tour. The Amsterdam to Barcelona tour had 36 of us and only about 3 folks wrote into the website before the tour. So I would agree not many people know about the website because I think a lot of folks don’t book directly with Contiki but through travel agents etc. I think it depends on the people who are on the tour but its a little easier to get to know 36 people than 50 but that wouldn’t be true if the 36 people were not outgoing and the 50 people were.

• 29 Nov 2007 Enigma said

Default_avatar

Road to Athens in June 07 had 28. It was awesome to have a whole seat to yourself after nursing hangovers from the previous evening. For anyone interested there was 22 girls and 6 boys just to prove you never know what you are going to get with Contiki.

• 11 Feb 2014 AlexPap said

AlexPap

Hey just wondering how can you find out how many people are on your tour? No one has checked in on mine but I’ve been on contiki before and I didn’t check on last time!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion