Community_discussions_small  

Question

Canada & the Rockies plus Calgary - 6 July 2013?

21 Jan 2013 lisa_r asked

Default_avatar

Hi,
Am looking at booking this tour in the next few weeks. Wondered if anyone else is looking at doing this as well?
Will be my first time travelling solo with Contiki (been on ones before with my sister).
Also anyone who has done this tour before I would be keen to hear from, best things to see/do?
Cheers,
Lisa.

• 7 Feb 2013 meljane88 said

meljane88

Hi Lisa! I have booked this tour as well – can’t wait! Are you staying in New York for awhile before the tour starts? Mel

• 10 Feb 2013 lisa_r said

Default_avatar

Hi Mel,
    Awesome!!! Although I think if your tour leaves from New York that might be a different tour that also goes through Canada and the to the Stampede, I think could be the Grand Canadian??? I think (and hope) that this one departs and returns to Vancouver, I’m hoping for as that’s how I’m organising my travel and spending allowances! haha Awesome if you are on this tour!!!
    Lisa.

• 14 Feb 2013 meljane88 said

meljane88

Hi Lisa, yes I am on the Grand Canadian (sorry about that!). Hopefully we meet up with your tour group at the Stampede though – sounds like a lot of fun! Mel

• 21 Feb 2013 clair2010 said

Default_avatar

Hi there, just wondering if you’ve booked yet? I’ve never done a Contiki tour before but i’ve been wanting to explore Western Canada for a few years now and have decided this years the year! Only thing now is deciding the best way to go about it. Any thoughts on Contiki as you’ve travelled with them before? Im not the most outgoing person (around new people etc) and the whole drinking and clubbing things not my scene so im not too sure how well i’d fit in on one of there trips. Any thoughts appreciated :)

• 21 Feb 2013 lisa_r said

Default_avatar

Hi Clair,
    Yes I booked this tour at a travel expo last weekend. I do highly recommend doing a Contiki. It is a great way to see so many places and the best part about it is that it is all sorted for you. All you have to do is turn up and all the bits and pieces are sorted i.e accommodation, transport, sightseeing of each city etc. There is always such a large diverse group of people on the tour – there is always the group that likes to party hard every night, then there is the rest (like myself) who can do it occassionally but am mainly on the tour for the experience of seeing and learning new things and to make new friends. It is without a doubt an amazing experience and something I can’t rave highly enough about it. I’ve done two contiki’s in the past, one in USA and one in Europe and had the most amazing experiences that I will never forget. You don’t have to be an outgoing person to do Contiki, its more about the experience of seeing the things that you’ve always wanted to see and make new friends along the way. You never know, the tour might make you become more of an outgoing person.
    I’ve chosen this tour because I thought going to the Calgary Stampede would be an amazing experience and something that not everyone gets to do. Really looking forward to it. :)
    Anything else you want to know, let me know! :)

• 21 Feb 2013 lisa_r said

Default_avatar

Hi Mel,
    I’ve booked this tour now so I look forward to hopefully catching up with you and your tour in Calgary!! :)

• 24 Feb 2013 clair2010 said

Default_avatar

Hi Lisa,
    Thanks for your reply. I’m still doing circles around the 3 tours i’m considering ( contiki, moose travel and archers direct) but contiki is certainly leading the way at the moment :)
    Like you, being able to do the stampede is a huge plus point for me. I’d also like to visit Vancouver Island too so i can do whale/bear watching so i need to figure out the best way to tie that in. I’m hoping to speak to my travel agent in the next week or so and then i should be in a better position to decide which company to go with. Who knows we could end up on the same bus!
    Either way i cant wait to do Western Canada!

• 16 Mar 2013 Erin said

Erin

hi lisa,

i’m hoping to book this tour soon too!

were you planning to stay in canada/vancouver before or after the tour?

• 16 Mar 2013 lisa_r said

Default_avatar

Hi Erin,
    Awesome!! I’m already booked and counting down the days. Yes I am staying before and after the tour. I arrive in Vancouver on the 2nd and leave on 21st, so plenty of time to explore Vancouver as well. Are you planning on staying a couple of days either side as well?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion