Community_discussions_small  

Comment

People in New Zealand

18 Aug 2010 Zero said

Default_avatar
This might be an odd question but I have heard numerous rumors that Australia and New Zealand people are nice, except to the minorities such as Asians or darker skin tones individuals, is this true?

Are there any one who joined the contiki trips to NZ and found any individuals who are of these ethnicity?

I want to have a great time there and not wanting to get treated poorly, as I am going by myself.

Thanks all!
  • 21 Aug 2011 StephJ07 said

StephJ07

Hey Zero!
    I know this may be very late however im from NZ and have lived here my whole life, we are very friendly and helpfull and if we cant help you then we will point you in the direction of someone who can. Have been to Australia twice but I was very young so don’t really remember too much but the people I do remember were nice aswell. However just like any country there are people who act like idiots but they are easy to spot and avoid. Hope you had a great time here!

• 22 Aug 2011 Zero said

Default_avatar

Hey Steph :)
    Thanks for your comment, it’s not too late at all. I had a blast in NZ with people in who joined the trip and I wish to go back to the Bay of Islands again.
    All the best.
    Donald (Zero)

• 22 Aug 2011 StephJ07 said

StephJ07

Hey Donald!
    Im glad you had a great time! I don’t know what trip you did over here but if you haven’t been to the South Island yet I would definitely recomend it! The Bay of Islands is amazing also. Hope you make it back =)
    Steph

• 28 Nov 2011 Explorer1307236 said

Default_avatar

Donald – I really hope you do decide to visit Australia… Most Australian’s are really friendly. There are always the minority of people who can be racist but i think you will get that any where you go… Australia is a multi cultural country so we there are people from all different cultures living in OZ! One thing i love about Aus is that when you are walking out side most people say hello… Queensland is very laid back. If you love the quieter life style with beaches, BBQ’s then you will love it!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion