Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern LA- NY aug 22nd 2013

22 Jan 2013 Explorer1244927 asked

Default_avatar

Hey contiki travellers was wondering if anyone is thinking of doing this tour this year, I am travelling alone from NZ and booking this tour!

I can't decide whether to do an add on contiki of New York or is it better to just travel around seeing the sites with people from the Contiki?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Sara (NZ)

• 25 Jan 2013 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

Hi Sara!

I’m actually in the process of booking this tour!! I’ll be travelling solo as well and I’m from Australia.
    I did a contiki tour in Europe last year and did a London add on – it was basically just an accommodation package with a few attractions included (not an actual tour bus), I haven’t checked out the New York one though but at this stage I am planning on just going to do my own thing with people on the tour afterwards.

Ros

• 27 Jan 2013 Explorer1244927 said

Default_avatar

Hey Ros

Nice to meet you! sounds good I think I will just book accomodation in New York afterwards too, are you going to spend a few nights in L.A before the trip? I’m looking at flying in 3 days before the contiki starts :)

• 31 Jan 2013 JRyan said

JRyan

Hi Guys!
    My 3 girlfriends and i have booked in for this trip :) We are staying a week in LA before the trip and a week in NY afterwards.
    Its our dream trip! AND I CANNOT WAIT!

=D

• 31 Jan 2013 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

Hi there! Welcome to the tour :)

Sara – I’m not actually spending anytime in LA, I’ll be flying in for the pre tour meeting and staying the night before tour but that is it. Before the tour I’m spending almost a week in New York with my family. New York accommodation is so expensive!!

• 31 Jan 2013 Explorer1244927 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys :)
    I’m staying a few nights in LA before the tour so a meet up will be in order I think!
    Ros- New York accomodation is really expensive!!! I think for 4 nights I got a quote for $1100!! and thats at a basic hotel, so I’m going to investigate the contiki add on because it includes dinner and some activities for the same price as just the accomodation I was quoted!
    Its exciting!

• 31 Jan 2013 JRyan said

JRyan

Go to the website airbnb.com, we paid $180 for 5 nights in NY, very cheap and you get to stay in a lovely house :)

• 11 Feb 2013 Ros_118 said

Ros_118

I’ll have to check out airbnb! Thanks for that :) Are you both just staying at the Doubletree in Downtown LA before the tour starts?

• 12 Feb 2013 JRyan said

JRyan

Nah we are staying at a backpackers in hollywood

• 19 Feb 2013 StaceyLee said

StaceyLee

Oh haiii. So excited!!!!

• 14 May 2013 cassie said

cassie

Oh hiiiiiiiiiiii hows it going? cant wait to start this trip!!

• 20 Jul 2013 Chelsea said

Chelsea

Hey guys,

My names Chelsea and I’m also doing this trip! I think I’m doing it solo now and I’m in LA from the 19th of Aug. If there is a meet up happening count me in! Not long now till we go!

Excited to meet you all and have an amazing time!

Chelsea :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.