Community_discussions_small  

Question

Has anyone combined tours?

25 Jan 2013 AlanaStewartx asked

AlanaStewartx

Hey Guys,

I am looking to combine the below tours September this year - Has anyone done this before and are three ok to do at the one time? I can only get 1 month maximum off my work so am really limited - but would like to see as many places as possible. I am thinking of booking the below .

01.09.13 - 12.09.13 - Sunsets and Surf with Sailing - Australia - 12 Days
13.09.13 - 19.09.13 - Sun and Steam - New Zealand 7 Days
21.09.13 - 29.09.13 - Thai Island Hopper - Thailand - 9 Days

Any suggestions would be great - or if anyone has done something similar I would like to hear about it. This would be my first time travelling alone so I am bit apprehensive.

Thanks - Alana =)

• 26 Jan 2013 AndrewBeer said

AndrewBeer

the only advice i can offer is make sure in between trip you allow yourself enough time to travel from where the current trip ends to where the next one starts. I have done combined tours in Europe and was lucky because where one trip finished the next one would start from the same place the next day.

• 26 Jan 2013 AlanaStewartx said

AlanaStewartx

Thanks Andrew!! Think I have a day or two free for travel In between each tour so that should be fine!
    The European tours look good.. Might try that next year :D

• 3 Feb 2013 Steveybaby said

Steveybaby

i dont know if it matter or not but make sure its a guaranteed departure

• 4 Feb 2013 AlanaStewartx said

AlanaStewartx

I will do – Thank you very much :D

• 4 Feb 2013 RJ1817 said

RJ1817

Ya, a lot of people combine tours. As the others have already pointed out, just make sure you have enough time to make it to the starting point of the next tour and make sure they’re guarenteed departures and you’ll be good to go!

• 4 Feb 2013 AlanaStewartx said

AlanaStewartx

Thank you :D

• 27 Apr 2013 Z said

Z

for the combo of from aussie to nz, make sure you’ll have enough time to make it to airport and get to airport on time. Contiki tours usually starts at 6am and usually end late in the evening. It should be fine if you decide to end the aussie today a bit early so as to make it to NZ, and also meet up for the pre-tour meeting they tend to have the evening before the trip starts.
    Good luck!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion