Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone doing the big walkabout Dec '13?

26 Jan 2013 Louise asked

Louise

Hey :) gonna be travelling alone on this tour and was wondering who else is booked on (also anyone whos booked on this with the whitsundays sailing upgrade?) and if its best to start at Darwin or from Sydney? :)
Would love to make new friends on my tour! X

• 8 Feb 2013 CameronW said

CameronW

Hey,
    Although I’m not actually doing the big walkabout, I have booked Beaches and Reefs w/ Sailing departing Sydney Nov 24th (The Big Walkabout does depart the same day from Sydney) so if thats one you’ll be booking then we’ll be on the same part of the tour for 14 days! (Assuming that there will be more than one tour on the same bus)

• 14 Feb 2013 LizzieW92 said

LizzieW92

Hi, I’m booked on the Bigwalkabout starting in Sydney 29th September. Not sure if this helps, but if you do go in December I can let you know how it is :) I’m also travelling solo x

• 12 Mar 2013 Explorer1176543 said

Explorer1176543

hey im booked on the reefs and rainforests tour for the 2nd of jan when does your tour start as i think its a part of my tour, when are you flying out to oz? i wouldnt worry about travelling solo theres so many other out there its great time meet new people, although nice to know a couple before you go too :) x

• 30 Mar 2013 Sandra said

Sandra

Hey Louise, I’m Sandra from Germany! I’m booked on the Big Walkabout starting in Darwin 25th December this year. Gonna be travelling alone on this tour, too! :)

• 12 Apr 2013 Chiovitti said

Chiovitti

Hello Everyone!

Louise, depending on where you’re flying in and out from pretty much determines where to start your tour. Personally for me it’s rather difficult to fly in and out from Darwin so I was going to start the Big Walkabout (Without Sailing) in Sydney on December 22nd, 2013. I found flights from Darwin to Sydney for $150-200 AUS which isn’t too bad.

Hope this helps!

• 3 May 2013 Larissa said

Larissa

I’m booked for this tour! Starting on Dec. 25 in Darwin with the sailing, and I’m travelling solo as well :)

• 3 May 2013 Nadine said

Nadine

Hi I also booked the Tour ( without Sailing) from Sydney 22. december. I must Travel alone too.

• 16 May 2013 Ninavara said

Ninavara

Hi! I’m also a solo traveller and feeling abit worried as its my first time! I’m planning on doing the big walkabout on the 27th October!

• 8 Aug 2013 Bianca De Santiago said

Bianca De Santiago

I’ll be doing the Sydney New Year Tour but plan on extending my trip since I’ll be coming from Los Angeles, CA. I will be traveling alone so I’m looking for some potential travel buddies!

• 27 Aug 2013 Larissa said

Larissa

Bianca I am going to be extending my stay and looking for travel buddies too!

• 27 Aug 2013 traceydodd85 said

traceydodd85

I’m doing the beaches and reefs starting in sydney nov 24th, then heading back to sydney for new years

• 6 Sep 2013 soph92 said

soph92

I’m also doing the Big walkabout tour solo on the 22nd December from Sydney with sailing

• 4 Oct 2013 Cindz84 said

Cindz84

I’m still contemplating doing the New Years trip but would really like to do a surfing trip too while I’m in Oz. I’m from South Africa.

• 7 Oct 2013 Alice & Taran said

Alice & Taran

Hey I’m Alice from London- I’ve just booked the Walkabout Tour, 22nd Dec from Sydney, travelling with my boyfriend, Taran. We look forward to meeting some of you then ! :)

• 8 Oct 2013 soph92 said

soph92

Hi Alice are you doing the big walkabout tour with sailing?

• 8 Oct 2013 Alice & Taran said

Alice & Taran

Hey, not with sailing but it seems like the exact same tour, just without that activity included I guess!

• 10 Oct 2013 soph92 said

soph92

Yea it is :) i’m so excited have you guys got any plans before or after the tour?

• 13 Oct 2013 Nadine said

Nadine

Hi girls, me and my boyfriend we doing the big walkabout too. (without sailing). I’m so excited and would like to get in touch with some poeple before :-)

• 30 Nov 2013 BrionyR said

Default_avatar

I’ll be joining the tour which leaves from Sydney on Nov 24, i join in Surfers on the 5th Dec :) all of the smaller tours are part of the longest tour, with people joining and leaving, makes it hard to find people!

• 5 Dec 2013 nix said

nix

Hey, I’m booked onto Beaches and Reefs starting in Cairns on 4th Jan 2014, and so I think if anyone is doing the Big Walkabout tour starting in Darwin on 25th Dec then I think the tours will meet up in Cairns!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.