Community_discussions_small  

Question

Thailand,Vietnam , Cambodia , Laos September 2013?

26 Jan 2013 Maggie asked

Maggie

Hey Everyone
Im thinking of booking the big indochina adventure in september 2013. Has anyine been or is going on this tour? Iv only read up a bit on weather but it seem to be monsoon around this time?

• 3 Feb 2013 Explorer1180821 said

Default_avatar

me and my partner are doing the tour this year july 28th

• 3 Feb 2013 Franz said

Default_avatar

I don’t qualify sadly anymore for Contiki but It’s well worth it as a once in a lifetime experience.It’s the Dry season I think at that time of year.I suggest before you book look around at a couple of other companies that offer similar tours for less money and get a price comparison.You will be surprised.

• 3 Feb 2013 Jen said

Default_avatar

My flatmate and I are doing this one 15th September – can’t wait!

• 5 Feb 2013 Maggie said

Maggie

@Jen if i do go ahead i will also be doing the 15th September tour where are you travelling from? There seems to be an awful lot of information regarding visas required which is turning me off a bit.
    Have you looked into that yet Explorer 1180821?

@ Franz i have done 2 contikis before so im kinda sticking to what i know more so than anything plus you get a discount for each tour you book….

• 5 Feb 2013 Jen said

Default_avatar

I’ll be flying from Heathrow – the visas aren’t too bad when you look into them. It seems quite straightforward to get them and the most expensive one is about $20 (or it was when we looked it up a while back!)

• 5 Feb 2013 Maggie said

Maggie

Iv had a trawl through a few discussions on here today and it seems the only one you need to get in advance (or is less hassle) is Vietnam… seemingly its cheaper and easy to get cambodia and Laos visas on arrival…..

• 25 Feb 2013 Steveybaby said

Steveybaby

hey im thinking for doin this tour around your dates, ive been looking at other tour companies and they are a tad cheaper but they dont guareentee whos on your trip, id rather pay extra and have a higher chance of getting younger travellers.

• 26 Feb 2013 Maggie said

Maggie

Hey Steve! Contiki is a great way to do a tour and be guaranteed the younger age group… plus the more tours you do the more discounts you get. I changed tour to the Vietnam Experience as my travels plans changed slightly but it will be my 3rd tour overall and they are fantastic :) Go for it!

• 27 Dec 2013 thu said

Default_avatar

HANOI
    If ever dreaming about a city where the ancient beauty mixes with the modern, the Parisian grace blends with Asian pace, Hanoi is the place where your imagination becomes reality. Known as the “dragon-eye” site of Vietnam, Hanoi is the capital, as well as the center of politics, culture and tourism of Vietnam. Most tourists to travel to Vietnam are attracted by its elegant and ancient beauty with many cultural and architectural works and places of beauty.

Although Hanoi undergone many changes, it has still kept its eternal ancient beauty. When you travel to and Hanoi, the first place to mention in landscapes of the capital is Temple of Literature, the first university of Vietnam. Another symbol of Hanoi is One pillar pagoda with the most unique lotus shaped architecture in Vietnam. Besides, with hundreds years of history, Hanoi has many pagodas built in the reign of ancient dynasties such as Tran Quoc pagoda, Huong pagoda.

Located right in the center of the city , where usually takes place the big cultural activities of the city such as: fireworks, performance, etc, it is the historical Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple which still remains its purely natural beauty. Hoan Kiem means “returned sword”, and the name comes from a legend in which King Le Loi was given a magical sword by the gods, which he used to drive out the invading Chinese. Other tourist attractions to be mentioned are West Lake, Truc Bach, Bay Mau Lake, etc.,which are the undeniable green, fresh, and peaceful beauties of the capital.

Hanoi seems to be more an antique and peaceful city than a modern one. When you take a walk around the Hanoi old town area, you can find out a unique feature of the city with the houses, the streets which has still remain their shape and architecture since 19th century. The most often advise from a Vietnam travel agency for thing to do is to ride whole day on a bicycle exploring the ancient streets and enjoy some café.

When traveling to Hanoi, you also can not ignore the Ba Dinh square- the political area where President Ho Chi Minh read the Independent Declaration. This is also where preserved body of Ho Chi Minh. Another place that worth to pay a visit is Presidential Palace, also the House of Parliament.

Besides visiting the sights, Vietnam travel packages often cover tours to see a series of traditional handicraft villages, such as Bat Trang ceramic and pottery village, Hang Bac silver-making street, Ngu Xa bronze-making and Ngoc Ha flower, and Dong Ho picture villages. All of them have existed for centuries, and are still famous for theis hand-made and nature-originated products.

Once been to Hanoi, you will never forget its specialties such as Pho, Nem, Cha ca. Hanoians are extremely good at making and tasting food. There is probably no exaggeration when Hanoi is said to be the cultural space of Vietnamese cuisine. These foods can appear in many places in the world, but it is only in Hanoi where diners can enjoy the best taste of such specialties.

There must be a long time to complete the story about Hanoi. A green and peaceful Hanoi, a fast-growing hospitable city with great tourism potentials, is now open and warmly welcomes friends from all over the world. When you go on holidays in vietnam , Hanoi is the place you cannot ignore.
    https://www.wlinktravel.com/vietnam-holidays/ha-noi/1.html

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion