Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European 18.August 2013. Who's going?

28 Jan 2013 lauren11 asked

lauren11

Just wondering who else is going on the Ultimate European tour departing 18th August 2013??

• 20 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

Omg we will so be ringing the contiki ppl on Monday ,,,,tash and Ben, you guys should do the same
    Thanks heaps for letting us know

• 25 Apr 2013 Ben and tash said

Ben and tash

Thanks Zac and Lauren how did you go with it?
    what did they say?

• 26 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

So when there is quad share we can be together with another couple and on the nights we stay twin share we can talk with the tour manager and work out so we are together

And apparently we don’t go to Oktoberfest we are in Munich at the time but need to find our own way there, which I was so so sure we went through it I swear thatswhat I read, unless it changed from last year when we decided on the tour

• 30 Apr 2013 Monique said

Monique

That sucks why did they put it in the brochure if they do not take us there? I thought that at the very least it would be a special optional for the selected tours dates. We will so have to arrange to go.

• 4 May 2013 Monique said

Monique

Question for everyone from Australia. How is everyone taking there money over ( cash passport, travel card etc. ) and what company are they going through( like if it’s through a bank or travel agent ) ?

• 4 May 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

I talked with contiki bout Oktoberfest, we can ask the tour guide to take us to it hopfuly we can
    I would like to know as well I will be taking maby 2 -3GS in cash but I’m considering just getting a everyday ATM card and have it as a separate account to the rest and just transfer money when needed I will always try and have cash on me but, the travel cards /from what iv been told/ have a limit on how much u can spend either daily or weekly can’t remeber but it was a major pain in the ass for a friend of mine on his honeymoon

• 4 May 2013 AshleighJayde said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I did this trip last year in June :)
    You will have the most amazing time ever.

If you need any questions answered, hit me up on Facebook under Ashleigh Mohr

Hope you have a fantastic trip!

• 10 May 2013 Monique said

Monique

Only 100 Days Left To Go ! :)

• 14 May 2013 Rosa said

Rosa

Hey Guys, after reading the whole 10 pages of this discussion i feel like i know you all already!!
    My names Rosa, My boyfriend and I are doing this tour on the 18th we’ve picked the Egypt option, as were were doing the Greek Island hopping before hand.
    I think itd be a fantastic idea to meet up before hand going from previous conversations earlier on in the year i think you guys had this planned just wondering if its still going ahead??
    Also has anyone ever actually done a contiki tour before?? I know its a girly thing to ask, but Im a bit worried about the laundry situation, I know they say to have a disposbable wardrobe handy, but i just cant bear to part with any of my clothes over a 45 day period. Do the contiki cabins offer laundry services?? lol

Cant wait to actually meet all of you :)

• 15 May 2013 Monique said

Monique

Hi Rosa. I’ve never been on one before, but am taking a universal sink plug and some Sard soap to do my own quick hand washing while over there. I don’t want to waste all my time finding a laundry mat and waiting around instead of exploring (every five days or so).I’ve heard that some places offer a laundry service but it’s expensive and I’d be a bit worried myself that it might not be done in time as we do not stay for long in each stop.

About the night out before we leave. We all haven’t figured out what time we should meet up yet. But we’ll definitely be doing something (Not to big as we leave the next day).

• 15 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

Well most people I know including best friends have been on a contiki and they did some hand washing and also most people just bundle their things together in terms of using washing machines. I’m not that worried about it, apparently it’s not that much of a big issue if people don’t mind sharing a load with you. Can not wait THIS DATE NEXT MONTH IM GETTING ON THE PLANE! too excited!!!

• 15 May 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

Hey rosa
    So cool that you guys are coming
    I hope we actually will get to Egypt I heard that it has broken out in to turkey now
    I honestly haven’t thought about it lol I guess bringing the plug and some suds is the best way if we can’t find a laundry service,

• 15 May 2013 Rosa said

Rosa

Thanks guys! Your all so helpful!!! :) Effy I’m so excited for you I wish I was leaving in a months time lol does our group have a fb page or anything??

• 16 May 2013 kira92 said

kira92

hey guys.. whats everyone doing after the tour ends.. are they going to the airport or taking the complimentary trip back to London! Im thinking of catching a flight back to London instead?

• 16 May 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

We are getting the bus then leaving the next day =( we were planning originally to stay a couple weeks longer but I can’t take that much time off work

• 16 May 2013 lexi said

lexi

I’m heading to Munich for Oktoberfest

kira92

that’s a bugger zac. hopefully you can stay a bit longer.
    oh lexi that would have been a good idea. didn’t even think of that. dammit just booked my accommodation in London!!

• 16 May 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

If we hadn’t already booked an paid for flights we would be doing the week at Oktoberfest after the tour

kira92

yeah would have been good idea hey. im spewing now.

• 17 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

Well I have a week after the tour to do whatever so possibly head to Oktoberfest too. Did not even think of it. I have flexible Reuturns a aswell so I can stay back an extra two months if I want too. I’m going to just play it by ear.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.