Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European 18.August 2013. Who's going?

28 Jan 2013 lauren11 asked

lauren11

Just wondering who else is going on the Ultimate European tour departing 18th August 2013??

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

hey all, im also doing this tour! and solo lol. ill be in london 3 nights before it starts. there are way too many pages of conversation to read, but ill get there eventually!
    this will be my second contiki in the same year- im doing a usa one first, so until i leave, im new at this! first time travelling alone too, its comforting to see there will be many other solo travellers :))

• 17 May 2013 kira92 said

kira92

That’s awesome effy! I wish I didn’t just book accomadation in London now! :( owell.
    Hey Zoe.. 2 contikis In the one year that’s impressive haha. Where about are you from?

• 17 May 2013 Monique said

Monique

Hi Zoe. What option are you doing? Greek Island or Egypt?

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

ha, yeh. im visitng friends all over the place, so i thought why not? one huge adventure! adelaide, australia :) still havent managed to read the pages, where r u from?

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Greek Island :) Egypt would be awesome though

• 17 May 2013 c.alexandra said

c.alexandra

Hey all, my name is Caitlin, as I am sure everyone else agrees I am so excited! I am in London for a couple of weeks before the tour staying at a hostel near kings cross station. Then at the Royal national the night before our trip starts. As for travel money, the commonwealth bank offer a travel money card, they work fantastically!!! Best way to travel money wise I believe. So what is everyone else’s plans? Any other traveling plans?

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

ill be travelling all over the place, lol and Ill be taking a travel card as well! easy and safe option :)
    is this tour the only thing you’ll be doing?

c.alexandra

Hi Zoe, no I am in europe and england for 7 months and 4 contiki tours throughout that time :) How about yourself?

kira92

That’s exactly right. Why not. I’m from melbourne :) finally someone that is doing the Greek island option.. Everyone seems to be doing Egypt.

kira92

I’m in London only the day before the tour but then spending another 9 days in London afterwards:)

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Nice! I start in Vancouver, Do a contiki through USA and then london for this contiki. Then I’ll be in Munich for a while. That’s over 3 months for me. What 4 tours will you be doing? Have you travelled before?

c.alexandra

Your trip sounds amazing!!! I love the US, I grew up between there and AUS, and have traveled all my life! Scandinavia and Russia, Ultimate European, Great Britain and Ireland, and then the Winter Wanderer.

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Oh really? Haha well we can be Greek island friends then, Kira haha

• 17 May 2013 lexi said

lexi

I have a month to travel Europe after Oktoberfest and have kinda planned out what I wanted to do. What did you have planned effy?

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Caitlin, that sounds amazing!! This is my first major travel, iv been on holidays with friends but this will be the longest I’ve been away and all by myself to haha I’m slightly nervous. The winter wanderer sounds like it’d be good! I’d love to travel back through their winter, never seen snow, so that’s next on my bucket list haha

c.alexandra

Yeah I am so excited but this will definitely be the longest I’ve been away from home and I’m going solo too! Oh snow is a must!! Have you traveled around AUS much?

• 17 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Yeah :) I’m from Adelaide, been all around australia, some states a few times. Been to Bali and Malaysia. And a cruise to new caledonia and Vanuatu. Now its time to see the rest haha I’m so glad there are so many solos!

• 18 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

Iv’e literally planned nothing for after the tour lexi I’m just planning on going with the flow and seeing how I feel. I’m from Adelaide too Zoe !

• 19 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Oh yay! Another Adelaidian :D can’t wait to meet you all!!!

• 19 May 2013 lexi said

lexi

Well effy if you feel like hanging out in Paris, London, or Liverpool hit me up lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion