Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European 18.August 2013. Who's going?

28 Jan 2013 lauren11 asked

lauren11

Just wondering who else is going on the Ultimate European tour departing 18th August 2013??

• 19 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

I will most deffs do that lexi haha I’ll probably just choose my favourite place when it’s all Over and go back one last time :) I have a good feeling about Barcelona !

• 21 May 2013 lexi said

lexi

Yea that’s what I’m doing. I’ve been to these places before and loved them. Plus I have family in London

• 22 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

Iv’e never been to Europe! It’s all new to me :)

• 22 May 2013 Stephaniet said

Stephaniet

I changed my trip from Egypt to Greek islands ! Thought I was stupid to miss out on such an amazing place… For partying…beach…tanning…men..etc :p haha. So excited to leave now !! 45 days till I leave Australia ! Woo. Lets all do something to get to know each other and hang out before the trip starts !?
    Find me on Facebook guys : Stephanie tolan . By the way do you guys know if we get a complimentary trip back to London after we finish in Amsterdam ?

• 22 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

We do get a trip back to London, and yes! Can’t wait to meet those foreign boys and drink cocktails on a beach :)

• 22 May 2013 Stephaniet said

Stephaniet

Hahaha how life is gonna be ! So drama free !! Can’t wait …. Mmmm a nice margarita or cosmopolitan ;)

• 22 May 2013 kira92 said

kira92
    That’s great news Steph, most people have chosen the Egypt one so good to see a few that will be with me the whole time.
  • 22 May 2013 Monique said

Monique

Definitely the cosmopolitan :) Stephanie is sad to see you switch to the Greek Islands :( . It’s 46 days till I leave for Madrid as well. Definitely counting down the days now. I wish I hade more time after the tour to hang out with you guys. I’m staying just the one night in London after the tour so if anyone else is doing the same we could all go out for drinks for the last time.

• 22 May 2013 Rosa said

Rosa

Hey guys, i was just browsing through old discussions and came across a very helpful one!!

type in “Here’s some tips for the Ultimate European tour” in the discussion section

:) :)

• 22 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

Read the whole thing rosa and its much what I expected, not incredibly excited about paying for the loo and I hope our tour has an even number of girls and boys though I guess less boys is less drama can’t believe we have to tip the driver? 2euro a day is 90 euro ! Isn’t six grand off us each enough.

• 22 May 2013 lauren11 said

lauren11

Loving the idea of cocktails on the beach in the Greek islands girls. Is a definite must. I’m staying on another day in Amsterdam after the tour if anyone is doing the same? Totally agree with you Effy, you would think it would be enough :)

• 26 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

Hey guys found this link and thought it was relevant to our laundry talk earlier, just in case anyone still wanted more info.

http://www.contiki.com/contikipedia/articles/laundry-facilities-europe

• 28 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Does anybody know if we’d be able to leave things at the contiki basement, if were going back to London after?

• 28 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

I wouldn’t bet on it Zoe , and I know they weigh everyone’s luggage too. What you can probably do its just check before you leave for London and either leave the extra with rellies or post it back to Adelaide. Max weight its 25kg but they don’t weigh it again after the first day so it doesn’t matter if its over later on. I don’t know about hand luggage though.

• 28 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Hmm.. I might have to post things back home, Il prob be over the max. weight by a little bit before I get to london lol and whatever I do buy I don’t really wana lug it around Europe with me either. I’ll look into it though, there might be something I can do :))

• 28 May 2013 Monique said

Monique

Zoe. Yes you can. But they will charge you so much a day depending on what your leaving with them. Effy I thought that that was the weight for the flights and that contiki’s limit was 20 kg. I will have to check that because I would love to pack a bit more to take over to England with me. :)

• 28 May 2013 c.alexandra said

c.alexandra

Hey all, just be careful with weight’s it is now 20kg (44lbs). No longer 25kg, just to make it that little bit more difficult :)
    http://www.contiki.com/m/travel-resources/what-to-pack-2

• 28 May 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Yeah Zoe you can, pretty sure it’s on their website and is about $1.50aud per day per bag or somewhere around that :)

• 28 May 2013 zoe said

Default_avatar

Oh cool :)) thanks everyone! It’d just be a small bag but not sure if I’m keen on paying to keep it there Lol

• 28 May 2013 Effy said

Effy

Oops my mistake lucky we have you Alexandra!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion