Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European 18.August 2013. Who's going?

28 Jan 2013 lauren11 asked

lauren11

Just wondering who else is going on the Ultimate European tour departing 18th August 2013??

• 10 Jun 2013 Brett said

Brett

Hey Guys I’m Brett. I will be on this tour as well. Last minute booking this week. Def in countdown mode and looking forward to it. Will be spending a few days in London first then heading to Scandinavia after the tour.

• 10 Jun 2013 Effy said

Effy

How exciting to join so close to when we go brett, Nice to see we have a few boys on the tour! I leave for glastonbury this time next week! Yay I’m so excited to meet everyone!!!!

• 10 Jun 2013 c.alexandra said

c.alexandra

Hey Brett :) what are you getting up to in Scandinavia ?

• 11 Jun 2013 Brett said

Brett

I have a friend from aussie whos living in copenhagen so will catch up with him. Also have some family in Finland so prob spend a few weeks there, No real plan yet. Was going to do the 22 Day contiki of scandinavia but its full. :(

Whos doing Egypt and whos doing Greek Islands?

• 11 Jun 2013 c.alexandra said

c.alexandra

That’s cool you have friends and family over there :) I’m going on the 22 day tour through Scandinavia before this tour, hopefully will be amazing :) which are you doing?
    I’m doing Egypt :)

• 11 Jun 2013 Brett said

Brett

Yeah that’s the one I want to do but they are fully booked! I’m going to Egypt. I’ve been to Greek islands before so try somewhere new!

• 11 Jun 2013 Rosa said

Rosa

Hey Guys,
    Just wanted some advice on money exchange! would you recommend converting currency before you leave or after??
    And has anyone used the 28 degrees card? I read that it does a double conversion for example AUD-USD-EUR.
    Is that correct??

Any advice would be helpful!
    Oh and monique Id love to go to the catacombs too!!! :)

• 11 Jun 2013 Effy said

Effy

I’m going to use a commonwealth bank travel card you can put different currency’s on it etc my friend used it and she visited more of Europe than we will and didn’t have any problems with it.

• 11 Jun 2013 Ant said

Ant

Hi Guys. I have been doing some reading on this. So far what I have come up with is 28 Degrees Credit Card using Mastercard is the best credit card to have. Citibank Plus Debit card using Visa, is the best way to use your money while overseas. The benefits of these cards are the exchange rates used to convert to local currency are not being smashed with fees and commission and the rest. The rates used are very close to market rates. They are also both very light on fees and other charges. Rosa, I believe the conversions are done as you have listed for Mastercard Credit Cards but should not affect the transaction much at all, given they are very close to market rates anyway (so no double dipping) Effy I have looked into the CBA Travel card and they charge big time on Exchange, Commissions etc. The 28 Degrees Card can also double as a Debit Card. However any amounts loaded on to the card are not protected if your card is stolen and your money used. 28Degrees protect credit charges, Citibank protect your physical money.

Hope this is helpful. If you’re up for a few hours of reading this forum has been very helpful along with the banks websites who offer the cards in question.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1725541

• 12 Jun 2013 Rosa said

Rosa

Thanks for the advice guys!!! Ant my dear are a legend!!! :) :) ill defs be reading that forum!

• 14 Jun 2013 Brett said

Brett

2 months to gooo!!!! Whats everyone looking forward to the most?

• 15 Jun 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

You want us to pick just one thing???

• 15 Jun 2013 Brett said

Brett

yeah haha

• 15 Jun 2013 lauren11 said

lauren11

Greek Islands :)

• 15 Jun 2013 Brett said

Brett

Gallipoli it would have to be for me

• 15 Jun 2013 Effy said

Effy

Maybe Pompeii or Barcelona :)

• 19 Jun 2013 kira92 said

kira92

cannot for the life of me think of just one but greek island and Switzerland is up there!!
    whats everyone packing clothing wise, weather ranges from about 15 degrees to mid 20s, I know it sounds silly but not sure if mid 20s would be short and singlet weather, or maybe light weight pants and tshirt? weather temps always feel different from home to holiday destinations?

• 19 Jun 2013 Brett said

Brett

When I went in July/August 08 I was in tshirt and shorts the whole time. I’m thinking it will be getting cooler though midway through the trip though. So prob need something a bit warmer. Is anyone else taking a backpack? Or are you guys taking suitcases ?

• 19 Jun 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Yeh was thinking would get cooler towards end of September!
    I’m take a suitcase, haven’t decided yet Brett?

• 19 Jun 2013 c.alexandra said

c.alexandra

The further south we are the warmer it will be but some nights towards the last half of the trip it might get a bit chilly :) I’m taking a back pack

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion