Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European 18.August 2013. Who's going?

28 Jan 2013 lauren11 asked

lauren11

Just wondering who else is going on the Ultimate European tour departing 18th August 2013??

• 3 Apr 2013 Effy said

Effy

I know they guarantee that everyone will be put in same sex rooms . I didn’t know if your situation would force you to get your own rooms? Or if you’d be split up. Surely not the latter. I was just curious as to how it would work.

• 3 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

I didn’t know that, I’m rather curious now myself, I don’t mind either way but I guess it would be nice to be together

• 4 Apr 2013 Monique said

Monique

Hey guys. What is everyone doing with immunisations? I’m trying to figure out what ones we will need for the tour and the cheapest way to get them. There are just so many of them that are highly recommended for the countries we’re going to. Rabies, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid, Malaria Tablets and the list of NHMRC needles to. Do we really need all of them? I’d like to get all of the injections sooner rather then later to just get them out of the way.

• 4 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

Mmm we mite have to ask our doctor , Lauren’s diabetic so she is at a higher risk of getting sick, thanks for bringing that up monique

• 8 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

i know a few people that have been and didnt get anything? i dont think i will bother! but better be safe then sorry.
    i’m planning on staying in london a week after tour..do you think it would be a good idea to book accomadation now or just do it once the tour finishes?

• 8 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

I like having everything organized so I don’t have to think about it while on the trip but that’s just me coz I’m a stress head lol. maby pick like three or four hotels/hostels you would want to stay at get the numbers for them and then ring when the tour is near finished just incase some are booked out ? Never know, or wing it lol , what do u feel comfortable with basicly

• 8 Apr 2013 Effy said

Effy

I’m mostly concerned about having heaps of vitamins. Do not want to get the infamous contiki cough. I think it’s inevitable on a tour as long as ours.

• 11 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

yeh i think i might book before hand zac!
    what is everyone doing after the tour…finishing in amsterdam or going back to london by coach? or even flying? im considering flying?

• 11 Apr 2013 Danica said

Danica

Hi everyone! My name is Danica and I am from Victoria, BC. I am going on this trip too! The Greek Islands option. It’s strange though that there are only a few people showing up in my Meet up but no one from this discussion group.

Danica

My plan is to fly into London a few days before the tour starts and explore then I plan on staying in Amsterdam after the tour to visit with some friends and family. If anyone is interested in meeting up and exploring London just let me know.

• 11 Apr 2013 kira92 said

kira92

Hey Danica, yeah not many people have joined the group! But I’d love the link to the Facebook page. I can’t decide to stay in Amsterdam or not. My original plan is to stay back in London 8 days after the tour! Are you staying at the royal national before the tour?

Danica

Yes I will be at the Royal National the night of Aug 19th, although I may book a hostel a block or two away for a few more nights before the tour leaves.

• 12 Apr 2013 rachaelnhunt said

rachaelnhunt

hey guys, the above facebook group link is actually for the August 21st Ultimate European, which is a couple of days later than the one you’re going on. i would hate for people to get close to other people and it turns out they’re not even on the same tour, the last thing one would want is to end up not knowing anyone on a tour across the world.

• 15 Apr 2013 mich said

mich

hey guys! im doing this tour with the greek islands option! cant wait to meet everyone! :)

• 15 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

Hey mich, how exciting where are you from ? Are you traveling before or after the tour ?

• 16 Apr 2013 mich said

mich

im from melbourne :) yeh im staying in the czech repulbic for a couple of months before the tour with family, and staying in london a few days after the tour!

• 16 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

That’s awsome I have relatives in narre warren , have you been to the Czech before ? Iv got a lot of family in Italy but I wont see them this trip, we are in London for a week prior the tour and just one night in London after, we wish we could stay and travel longer but we both have work obligations

• 16 Apr 2013 mich said

mich

ah cool! yeh i have been once before, excited to see all my family again! naww but its still going to be such an amazing trip!

• 16 Apr 2013 ZAC said

ZAC

That’s kool, Very excited to travel again with my partner, and to meet so many people and see so many places can’t wait !

• 20 Apr 2013 Monique said

Monique

Zac and Lauren. Good News. While reading through some forums I found out from past travelers that Contiki does have a few rooms for couples but you need to get in contact with them to request it before hand. (The sooner the better as I don’t think they have many) :)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.