Community_discussions_small  

Question

Traveling solo in Southeast Asia, any tips?

28 Jan 2013 Jilly C. asked

Jilly C.

Hey everyone! My name is Jill - I'm from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. I'm going on my first solo trip this year, and my destination is Thailand! I've done quite a bit of traveling but this is my first time on my own. I am doing two tours but have a few weeks on my own in the southern part of the country. As a young woman traveling alone I was wondering if anyone had any tips specific to Thailand or had done it and could let me know how easy it is - did you get hassled baldly etc.

Thanks for all your help!

• 30 Jan 2013 Michael said

Michael

Hey Jill,

I went to thailand west islands last year and doing the east islands and bangkok this april. You will meet tons of tourists there so you won’t feel out of place. Is there something specific you would like to know about thailand besides it being so relaxing and amazing ?

• 30 Jan 2013 Jilly C. said

Jilly C.

I guess I’m just curious about how other people found it in terms of how easy it is to get around – transport and stuff, but from what I’m hearing so far it seems very tourist friendly!
    I’m doing lot’s of Thailand from the north to the south – so so excited!
    Thanks for the reply Michael :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion