Community_discussions_small  

Question

Ultimate European plus Egypt april 10th?

28 Jan 2013 charlie asked

charlie

Hi just wondering if anyone else here is on the same trip :)

• 29 Jan 2013 ShellyL said

ShellyL

Hey! im going on the same tour but am doing the greek island option instead :-)

• 29 Jan 2013 charlie said

charlie

good to hear from someone whose going to be on same trip , gonna be so much fun hopefully :)

• 30 Jan 2013 ShellyL said

ShellyL

Itll be super awesome :-) have you been overseas before?! its coming up so quickly hey!

• 30 Jan 2013 charlie said

charlie

I am counting down the days aha, yeah I have been overseas I have been to quite a few places in Europe and turkey:) how about yourself?
    I am looking most forward to escaping the London weather aha

• 31 Jan 2013 ShellyL said

ShellyL

yea me too! cant wait to have time off work :-) ive been to thailand and japan but nowhere in Europe! soo excited! Yea im from QLD, Australia and the weather here has been pretty horrendous with mini cyclones and such!! I hope that we get to do plenty of sunbaking :-)

• 2 Feb 2013 Tim said

Tim

Hi all!

I’ll be on this tour doing the Greek Island option :) …and I’m also from QLD, Australia :P I’ve been to London once but never anywhere in Europe, so I thought this would be a thorough introduction ;)

@Shelly: How crazy were those few days of cyclone?!

• 2 Feb 2013 ShellyL said

ShellyL

A thorough introduction indeed! Then we can scope out our fav places;)

Yess that weather was crazy! I have never seen the ocean look so scary as it did the day after that mini tornado! it looked like a tidle wave was coming :|

• 3 Feb 2013 Tim said

Tim

That’s the plan ;) I have my return flight booked for later in the year so I can explore the UK and Europe a little more after the tour (assuming I haven’t spent all my money :P)

Yea it looked so angry! I live on the water and we were watching the sea splash up onto the road near our house :| … I am totally happy this tidal wave never happened :P Was your house ok?

• 5 Feb 2013 ShellyL said

ShellyL

ooh thats a heaps good idea to stay longer! i mainly booked my return flight straight away because of work…and also money! haha. Where are you most excited about going?
    yea my house/area was fine, further north got terribly flooded! We did have this weird aftermath of sea foam spilling onto the esplanade like snow though! weirdest thing I’ve ever seen aye!

• 6 Feb 2013 Tim said

Tim

Yea that sea foam at the sunny coast was nuts! (I assume that’s where your talking about)

I can’t decide where I wanna see most… It will all be new and exciting ;) I like how we get to see a few countries that I would not have originally thought to visit (e.g. Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, etc…)

Where are you most looking forward to going? Charlie as well?

• 6 Feb 2013 charlie said

charlie

blimey after reading about your weather makes me think all us down London shouldn’t complain about a spot of snow aha, I’m looking really forward to Amsterdam as its my best place I have been in Europe but for somewhere new I am looking forward to Budapest:) I wonder how many people will be on tour ?

• 7 Feb 2013 ShellyL said

ShellyL

Yess Sunny Coast weather does certainly not always live up to its name haha!! Amsterdam will definitely be exciting, and I want to see those places like serbia and hungary too because I think thier cultures will be completely opposite to ours!! I am super keen for Italy though and going on the gondalas in Venice! its like a bucket list thing;)
    Do you guys know how many people usually go on these things? I imagine it to be a literal busload..so like 30?

• 7 Feb 2013 Tim said

Tim

Yea i’ve heard really good things about Amsterdam!
    haha yep I’m definitely Gondola riding too. Gotta do it ;P
    Yea I think the bus takes between 30 and 40 assuming the tour fills. Most people must not be very active online yet… but we know at least there will be 7 people judging by the check-in’s :P

• 12 Feb 2013 LauraAckie said

LauraAckie

Hey all,
    I’m doing this tour with the greek island option too. I’m from Christchurch, New Zealand and I’ve never been outside New Zealand and Australia. I’m so excited! It’s getting so close. I’m staying in London a few nights beforehand and one night after

• 13 Feb 2013 Tim said

Tim

Hey Laura
    This tour will definitely be a good introduction to the wide world outside of AUS/NZ ;)

Nice. I’ll also be in London before the tour from the 4th of April. It should be good to check out a few sights/drink a pint or two to get warmed up for the tour :)

Is there anywhere on tour you are looking forward to the most?

• 13 Feb 2013 LauraAckie said

LauraAckie

I arrive in London on the 7th, I’m doing a quick tour their before Europe with Contiki.
    It’s so hard to point out a specific place!
    I’m definately excited for Turkey, It’s one of the main reasons why I picked this tour.
    I’m looking forward to all of the mediterranean area cities, I hope I can handle the warm weather :/
    And definately Amsterdam, I’ve heard it’s amazing!

• 16 Feb 2013 Aly said

Aly

Hi everyone!

I’m doing this trip with the Greek Islands and I’m soo excited! I’m from Chicago, USA and can’t wait for the tour to start! I’ll be in the UK for about a month before the trip, and I fly home the 27th of May. What’s everyone’s plans before/after look like?

• 16 Feb 2013 ShellyL said

ShellyL

Wow I didn’t realise how close it’s getting..less than two months to go!! panic sets in haha Has anyone got their itinerary package from contiki yet? And will it have all the things to pack etc?

@Laura, I don’t think it’ll be too warm for you because it’ll only be Spring! everything will look gorgeous and The weather will still be crisp i think :-)
    @Ali- YAY! I’m doing Greek Island too but not staying before or after trip unfortunately :’(

• 17 Feb 2013 Tim said

Tim

Hi Aly,
    Yea it’s going to be rad! Nice plan. I’m from Brisbane Australia and I’ll be in Montreal Canada for most of March – which should be awesome, can’t wait! Then I’ll be hanging around London for 6 nights before the tour. I’m really looking forward to the British Museum actually. What kind of things are you keen to see in the UK?

I’m not sure what I’m doing after the tour yet. I might stay in Amsterdam… might go back to London… I’ll see. I’m not going back to Australia for a couple of months after the tour, which should give me plenty of time to do some more exploring around the UK/Europe ;)

@Laura: nice one. Turkey was one of those places I never planned to see but would use this tour as an opportunity to check out. I’m looking forward to it!
    Agree with Shelly, it shouldn’t be too bad. I will be perfect shorts weather I hope :P

@Shelly: Yea I got mine (they send it out depending on your flight date I think). It didn’t have the itinerary in there though, but that’s ok as it’s on the iPhone app ;)
    Check out this packing list: http://www.contiki.com/contikipedia/articles/suggested-packing-list-europe-summer

• 20 Feb 2013 Shaneo Ace said

Shaneo Ace

Hi everyone!

I’m doing this trip with my mate Sarah with the Egypt option as the first part of a round the world trip! so pretty syked!! Charlie I hope there is more than us doing Egypt hay? haha
    We get into the Uk on the 4th but wont be staying in London till the 8th so it would be great to meet up with any of you then :)
    I have done western Europe and the UK before but dose anyone got any ideas for some good stuff to do around London?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion