Community_discussions_small  

Question

Northern Trek May 20, 2013&London Explorer June 15

28 Jan 2013 dan87 asked

dan87

Is anyone else doing the Northern Trek from May 20 - June 14 or the London Explorer (4 nights) on June 15?

This is my first time on a Contiki tour and I'm going by myself!

Also, does anyone know what I should pack for the Northern Trek? (amount of clothes, camping gear (aside from the sleeping bag) etc)

Thanks heaps,

Dan

• 18 Feb 2013 vhm05 said

vhm05

Heya, I’m doing the Northern trek on the 20th May too :)

This is also my first time, and going by myself, sooo excited already!
    I’ll probably pack for 7 days and just wash stuff at the campsites, leaving plenty of room for souvenirs!

Can’t wait to meet you

Victoria

• 20 Feb 2013 dan87 said

dan87

Awesome! Good to see I’m not the only one traveling solo :)

This is my first time being overseas for an extended period, so I was stressing out about what to take but I think I’ll probably do the same!

Where are you flying out from? I’m flying from Sydney :)

I’m literally counting down the days haha

• 20 Feb 2013 dan87 said

dan87

Awesome! Good to see I’m not the only one traveling solo :)

This is my first time being overseas for an extended period, so I was stressing out about what to take but I think I’ll probably do the same!

Where are you flying out from? I’m flying from Sydney :)

I’m literally counting down the days haha

• 28 Apr 2013 vhm05 said

vhm05

Omg I’m so sorry, I missed your reply, i’m really not good with this site- i’m better with FB :p maybe we need to set up a FB page :)
    Awh you’ll love it, the first time I travelled I was so nervous, but it was the best thing I ever did :) I’m kind of hooked on travelling now :p
    Thats so amazing you live in sydney, what a beautiful part of the world! I’ve been to brisbane before, but not sydney, whats it like?
    NOT LONG NOW, I’m sooo excited! have you booked your flights? I’m getting there on the 18th, but haven’t booked a hotel as I haven’t really a clue where to stay or if someone else wants to share a room or something? :) X

• 30 Apr 2013 dan87 said

dan87

I’m pretty stoked that it is almost here. I’ve been looking forward to May for quite some time (Europe, couple of awesome gigs, weekend away before Europe etc)!

An FB page would be pretty cool; it’s blocked at work so I’m not on it heaps but check it routinely lol. I’ll see what I can do lol.

I love it here. I’m a little bit north of Sydney (Newcastle) but have lived here most of my life. I lived in Brisbane for a few months last year before moving further north and would definitely rate Sydney more than Brisbane (tonnes more to do and see, plus the beaches are awesome). Although Brisbane is still pretty awesome (just really humid lol) and seems a lot more relaxed than Sydney!

I got my flights and everything included in the deal, but I haven’t heard a word from the agent so I’ll be chasing it up! I think I stop at Dubai on the way which is disappointing as if I used my head and prepared my trip better I would have loved to have had a day or two there!

I think I arrive on the 19th so definitely keep me posted regarding hotel accommodation etc as I’d be keen to share as I wouldn’t have the slightest of where to stay etc :)

• 30 Apr 2013 dan87 said

dan87

double up again :S

• 1 May 2013 vhm05 said

vhm05

Wow your May sounds insane, you’re doing it all! I’ve been ticking off the days till this holiday, definitely can’t wait for my last day at work :)

Yeah FB is probably what most people have, and it will be great to see where everyone is staying in athens! I can’t imagine how amazing it must be to live in australia, you’re definitely making me want to go back there, especially to sydney!

Awh see if you can change your flights at all? Stopping off in different countries is a brilliant way to see places for less money :) I stopped via hong kong once, was amazing!

I still haven’t looked at hotels!! I will tell you when I see how far the campsite is that we meet at. Do you know what time we meet yet? I’m still not too clued up on the arrival bit :p

• 5 May 2013 dan87 said

dan87

Awesome! Keep me posted. I’m hoping to collect my itinerary sometime this week so should be able to confirm whether I’m arriving in Athens a night or two early etc!

• 5 May 2013 dan87 said

dan87

• 6 May 2013 vhm05 said

vhm05

Heya, did you find out when you arrive in athens? A guy called david is getting in on the 19th, you could share with him if thats the same date? I haven’t found anyone coming in on the 18th yet. But maybe we could meet up in the day and go explore athens?

• 6 May 2013 vhm05 said

vhm05

Ooo I found a good hotel- but it says the area in the center of athens is a neighbourhood full of drug addicts and prostitutes! lol, sounds safe! :s Have you looked at any hotels? would rather be near someone I know!

• 6 May 2013 vhm05 said

vhm05

I booked a hotel: Polis Grand Hotel, Patission 19 & Veranzerou 10 Athens , GR 104323, 33 sterling pound a night, I thought it would be best i stayed in the same place for 2 nights, as seems not many people are getting into athens as early as me :p

• 7 May 2013 dan87 said

dan87

Awesome! I’m flying over to Perth today and my travel agent only works part time so I’m struggling to get finer details like when I arrive etc but once I know more I’ll message him. Thanks heaps for that! That description of the area sounds funny as it’s so to the point lol. Can’t wait to meet everyone and check out some awesome places!

• 7 May 2013 dw said

dw

Hey guys its David sorry ive been slack getting into the conversation so much happening as always … Dan nice to meet you mate, looking forward to catching up in Europe! Hey Victoria i got your info thanks heaps for that cos its like where do you start! I checked on booking.com this morning, and i found a twin/double room in the same hotel Polis Grand.. it looked pretty good at 60 AUD and after hearing about the other dodgy neighbourhoods i just booked it straight away! Its a double room so Dan you’ll be right to stay in that room with me if your keen to do that. Its for the 19th just the one night. When i booked it i just put one person because i wasnt sure at the time.. but it says on the booking confirmation extra adults are 20% extra per night payable when you arrive.. so i will just email them and confirm an extra adult and 2 single beds instead of a double – should be too easy i’ll msg you back when i hopefully get a reply. Good work Victoria!

• 12 May 2013 dan87 said

dan87

Hey David, good to meet you mate! I’ve been flat out and only have just picked up my itinerary but I touch down in Athens at 2pm on the 20th so will be right accommodation wise. Sorry about the stuff around! I’ve been told that it’s probably easiest to get a taxi from the airport to the camp site, but do you guys have any suggestions on how to burn up the 4 hours before we meet at 6pm at the campsite (while carrying my luggage around)?

• 12 May 2013 dan87 said

dan87

Hey David, good to meet you mate! I’ve been flat out and only have just picked up my itinerary but I touch down in Athens at 2pm on the 20th so will be right accommodation wise. Sorry about the stuff around! I’ve been told that it’s probably easiest to get a taxi from the airport to the camp site, but do you guys have any suggestions on how to burn up the 4 hours before we meet at 6pm at the campsite (while carrying my luggage around)?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Top Discussions

Discussions Details

Last response over 1 year

This question was posted about almost 2 years ago. It has been discussed 16 times.

3 people are following this discussion.

• dan87
  • vhm05
  • dw

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.