LA to the BAY - Advice needed on last day - San Francisco

23 Sep 2009 lauraza said

lauraza
Last day of the tour is described as follows:

Day 10: Yosemite Gateway to San Francisco

You will quickly fall in love with San Francisco, the City
by the Bay. Today, your extensive tour of this vibrant
city includes The Golden Gate Bridge, North Beach,
Golden Gate Park and Haight Ashbury - hippie central.
This afternoon the tour ends and it’s time to say a fond
farewell to your new friends. (B)

How much of San Francisco do you see on this last bit of the tour, as I fly home the next day (evening) and really need to prioritise sites to visit! Going to book in Alcatraz, but wondered whether to do an additional siteseeing tour in the morning before I go? Thanks!
  • 23 Sep 2009 NaHdz said

NaHdz

The ‘sightseeing’ tour is just that, you drive around in the coach and they point out attractions etc we had about 15 minutes to take a few photos of the bridge but that was it.. most tours are like that though so I would sugest finding out where you want to go and just do it by yourself because then you’re on your own schedule and not someone elses..hope that helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Oct 2009 Dara Bee said

Default_avatar

Book your Alcatraz trip right now! Seriously!! And do it for early morning so you’ve got the rest of the day. I bought a one day travel card on the motorised trams to get me around too.

• 15 Oct 2009 Corinne said

Corinne

I did the full Wild Western and found that after the tour right when you get into San Fran that, that was enough and we didn’t go back to any of those sights. What I did however, was go to alcatraz in the morning then spent the rest of the day at fishermans whalf, which was a nice day. I don’t feel like i missed out on seeing anything.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.