Community_discussions_small  

Question

Anyone 28+ going Contiki Europe Jun-Aug 2013?

30 Jan 2013 Dan99 asked

Default_avatar

I'm a solo traveller reflecting the 28-35 age group. I've done Contikis in Australia and North America so I get the age ranges and party culture and know that each tour is different etc. However I have never experienced Europe and want to concentrate on the sights/cultures. I get along with all ages but am a little worried that the age balance on Europe tours might be heavily weighted to 18-25 year-olds whereas other tours I've been on have had a good balance/range of ages.

I haven't booked anything yet but I'm thinking about 2 separate short/regional tours and doing a bit of inbetween travel by myself. Any thoughts/comments/advice/experiences would be appreciated.

• 30 Jan 2013 alamescreename said

Default_avatar

I’m a 27 y/o from Phoenix, Arizona. I’m also planning a Eurotrip in May/June and want to see the sights/history (in addition to a beer or two). I tend to think that the camping/budget tours would skew towards the younger crowd whereas the superior/relaxed pace tours might be more balanced. I’ve never toured with Contiki before however, this is just a theory.

• 30 Jan 2013 Jad-SW said

Default_avatar

Im very shortly turning 30 (dirty 30!), from Australia, and have booked to go on the European Discovery departing 8th June. I’ll be travelling solo and am a very rookie traveller. looking forward to it. Im looking forward to letting my hair down, but can’t say i’ll be getting hammered everynight! a fine mixture of that and appreciating the environment will be my style i think!

• 31 Jan 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

I’ll be 30 years old at the time of my trip (I just booked the 35 day European Explorer with Greek Island Cruising leaving July 5. I will also be traveling solo as well! According to the travel agent I spoke with, she informed me that the longer superior trips tend to have more of an “older” crowd compared to the budget ones. (Hopefully that will be the case for the trip I book hehe).

• 31 Jan 2013 ahintz said

ahintz

I’m 32, and I’m going to Ireland in July. I was 27 when I went on my last tour – the European Whirl. I found that while the tour was predominantly people in the 18-25 age group, there were still a bunch of us in our late 20s/early 30s. And, I didn’t find that the age distribution was an issue at all – everyone got along great and had a good time. From what I heard, the superior trips do tend to have more “older” people than the camping and budget tours.

• 9 Feb 2013 nkicroft said

nkicroft

i just booked the european magic tour on june 28th! i’m 27 and my husband is 32. we’re excited! :)

• 9 Feb 2013 Coky said

Coky

I’m 31. I have never done Contiki. I was thinking of doing the European Discovery or Ireland in the summer. I will also be traveling alone. I get along with all age groups (I feel and look younger than 31) lol. SO I think that I should be fine.

• 9 Feb 2013 Jad-SW said

Default_avatar

Hey Violet – Im the same, never done contiki, travelling alone, 30yr old, and have just booked the european discovery starting 8th June :)

• 9 Feb 2013 Coky said

Coky

@Jad: I thought about going in June since its my bday month…is that the 14 day tour? I didn’t see one starting June 8th??

• 9 Feb 2013 Jad-SW said

Default_avatar

IM’d you Violet – but yep 12 day tour starting 8th June
    :)

• 9 Feb 2013 Marky Mark said

Marky Mark

Dan,
    I’m 35 and planning a Europe Trip in August / September. I have cousins in Europe and one thing they told me was dont come to Europe in July, because all the Europeans go on holidays in Europe then and the beaches and all the attractions are packed and you will be waiting in line everywhere, plus it is boiling hot and humid in all of Southern Europe. August and September are a little less busy and plus the temperatures are still warm especially in Southern Europe. I have friends that have done a few tours with Contiki and recommend the Time Out 19 day European Inspiration Tour (or) the Concept 23 day European Trail Tour. They said that spending 2 days in most places was good because you could do sight seeing one day and hit the pubs for a beer on the other. I have also heard that the 13 day Greek Island Hopping tour is pretty awesome, which I am contemplating doing as well at the end or the start of one of the other trips. Plus if you plan your trip you can make it to Oktoberfest in Munich with contiki.

Is anyone else planning on travelling through europe in August / September ?
  • 9 Feb 2013 Lauren said

Lauren

I booked a July tour ending in Amsterdam in August. I also heard the August isn’t as crazy as June or July. I guess I have to brave the height of the season! :)

• 9 Feb 2013 Rachel said

Rachel

Hi! I have similar concerns as you do. I’m 28 (turning 29 on my tour!) and booked the European Whirl tour beginning June 29. If anyone reading this is also going on that tour, let me know! :)

• 9 Feb 2013 mzmaithai said

mzmaithai

Hello! I am delighted to see there are other late 20s and early 30s interested in going on a Euro trip this summer. I am 32/female and I am really interested in the European Highlights tour departing August 26th, 2013 getting back first week of Sept. I would love to meet other travelers that live not too far from me. I live in Phoenix, AZ and am looking for others to join me on this adventure as I may not have any of my own friends who can afford the trip. I am young all around and love to be carefree and spontaneous and have a good time! I am excited to see Europe for the first time!

• 11 Feb 2013 Danni said

Default_avatar

My European Panorma tour starts sep 2nd (just after your date range) & I’m 29. Will turn 30 on tour. Worried about the same thing as a solo traveller!

• 19 Feb 2013 Dan99 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for all the replies (especially “Marky Mark”). I’m booked in for Road to Athens + Island Hopping in June… already can’t wait! Also planning time in London, France +/- Holland separately after. Happy travels everyone.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.