Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern JULY 11TH 2013 LA-NY..get on board!

30 Jan 2013 Leahalyse asked

Leahalyse

Get on board people!!
So many other tours have soo many people joining their tour and meet ups page.. we have a lonely 3!! but surely theres some fun people that would lovvve to join :)??

Im 21, from Melbourne Australia, I have been to bali 9 times , will be 10 in a month but thats as far as I have ventured out, I am doing this tour on my own :) and I cannot wait!!! I have been counting down the days for just under a year now! I hope it lives up to my expectations :)!!!

• 6 Feb 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Yes everyone get on board!

Im 20 (soon to be 21) from Canberra, been all through Europe on contiki (Running of the bulls, European whirl and the Greek island hopper) best time of my life and still partying with all my contiki friends in Aus, so keen to make even more friends and see what the USA has to offer. If its anything like my last trip it will be amazing!

This will be my first solo trip so if any of you are hitting up LA before hand let me know :)

Everyone book this tour :)

• 18 Feb 2013 claire carollo said

claire carollo

im claire 23 from syd
    have done contiki in europe now bring on USA!!
    will be traveling solo
    cant wait to do contiki grand southern 11th july La – NYC !!
    do we know if this is a definite departure yet
    cant wait !!!

• 18 Feb 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

Yay :)
    No not sure , I hope soon !! So excited .

• 19 Feb 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

It’s not a definite departure yet but fingers crossed it will be soon!

• 20 Feb 2013 Jennifer said

Jennifer

Hey, I’m 28 from CT and this is my first contiki tour I am so excited to see so much of this country, yes I have lived here all my life but haven’t traveled all that much, but all that is about to change!

• 8 Mar 2013 Claire said

Claire

Hey!
    I FINALLY got my passport so just joined the meet ups page. I’m 23 from Sydney. Haven’t been overseas in like 10 years where I did Europe. Pretty sure this is going to be a whole other experience though and I cannot wait! I’ll be travelling solo as well so I’m a bit nervous but I’m sure after we all find each other in LA it’ll be awesome! My travel agent booked my contiki trip for me and was told on the phone that it was locked in and not to worry about the definate departure. Unless she was being dodgy? I arrive in LA on Tues 9 July in the afternoon and I’m staying at the LA Double Tree by Hilton. I think that’s the one Contiki suggested and its twin share. Is anyone staying here as well?

• 8 Mar 2013 rachbabes said

rachbabes

Hey guys! I’m Rachel, just turned 21 and this will be my first contiki ever! And I’ll be going on my own so I’m super excited to meet you all :) Claire, I’ll be staying at the Doubletree too and I’m arriving on the 10th so we should try and see some of LA before we head out on the tour, I just don’t wanna do LA by myself because I’m scared I’ll get mugged in downtown LA haha! We should all meet up before the tour at some point I reckon!

• 8 Mar 2013 Costa said

Costa

Well, it does in fact appear that the departure date is locked in and now we just play the waiting game. Yea!

• 9 Mar 2013 Claire said

Claire
    Hey Rachel! What time do you arrive in LA on the 10th? We’ll definitely have to meet up. I’m keen to do a little sight seeing before the tour too. Maybe warner bros studios? I’m sure you won’t get mugged! haha.
  • 9 Mar 2013 rachbabes said

rachbabes

I land at around 12/1pm I think? So I’ll be getting to the hotel around 2 or 3. But my travel agent said that the tour doesn’t start until about 3 or 4 on the 11th anyway so we might have the morning to do some stuff too. I’m down for the studios! Let’s do it :)

• 9 Mar 2013 Jennifer said

Jennifer

I plan on getting into LA on the 10th, don’t have a flight yet, (hopefully will soon) I’m going to be staying with an old friend, that I haven’t seen in about 10 years. I would be interested in meeting up with you guys before hand if it works out, I’m not sure what my friend and her husband have in mind. I was told that the tour meets up earlier in the day on the 11th. (I’m hearing like 7am) We will see though. Either way I’m really excited!

• 11 Mar 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

I arrive in LA on the 6th so if anyone is keen to meet up then let me know! I also am a bit worried everyone is telling me down town LA is full of dodgy people lol so if anyone is keen for a bit of sight seeing maybe santa monica and Disney land/ theme parks let me know :)

• 11 Mar 2013 rachbabes said

rachbabes

Tarryn that’s exactly what I was thinking! I’ve heard a mixture of things about the place and its safety. I would love to go sightseeing with you but like I said I’m arriving on the 10th so it doesn’t leave much time :/ oh also! The itinerary for the tour says that we have a free day when we’re in Orlando and it suggests that we could go do Disney world while we’re there! So don’t stress if you we’re super pumped to see Disney land in LA because I’m definitely gonna be going when we’re in Orlando and we can go together :)

• 12 Mar 2013 TonyHermans said

TonyHermans

Hey all!
    Also looking at doing this tour, was originally set in for the 4th of July but seems I was still waiting out on my leave. I’m 28 also, done alot of traveling in my past but recently did alot of europe and UK (this is not my first contiki) and also Thailand last year, and I can’t seem to get enough! Possibly doing it solo, depends if my mate comes along or not!
    Always wanted to see the states so cannot wait..!

• 12 Mar 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Sounds good Rachel!! :) well when you get there on the 10th we should try meet up and I can tell you if LA is as scary as people say it is or not :P

• 12 Mar 2013 Jennifer said

Jennifer

Tony, that would be awesome if you came!

• 14 Mar 2013 Kimmy said

Kimmy

Hey everyone

I’m arriving in LA on 9 July and also staying at the doubletree. Definitely keen to meet up beforehand and maybe do universal studies :)

Just under 4 months to go!!

• 15 Mar 2013 CR said

CR

Hey guys,

Chris here – I’m 27, a Capricorn, and my favourite food is Schnitzel! haha :) As that Tony guy has suggested, I may also be joining this tour for good times! Pretty excited to check out USA, and LA – bring on The Hangover 3! ;p

• 20 Mar 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

I arrive on the 8th :) very keen to get out and about in the few days before the tour !! I’ve already looked into a few sightseeing things I’d like to do if anyone wants to join. And I’d love to hit the town and see what the night life is like :) so so excited now :)

• 20 Mar 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

I will join you Leah! I want to check out santa monica maybe venice beach and the walk of fame etc – maybe do one of the theme parks if theres time and check out the night life too!! – not long to go at all! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion