Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern JULY 11TH 2013 LA-NY..get on board!

30 Jan 2013 Leahalyse asked

Leahalyse

Get on board people!!
So many other tours have soo many people joining their tour and meet ups page.. we have a lonely 3!! but surely theres some fun people that would lovvve to join :)??

Im 21, from Melbourne Australia, I have been to bali 9 times , will be 10 in a month but thats as far as I have ventured out, I am doing this tour on my own :) and I cannot wait!!! I have been counting down the days for just under a year now! I hope it lives up to my expectations :)!!!

• 20 Mar 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

Deal :) I want to see all of those things . I’ve seen tours that are pretty cheap that take you to a few of those places in one day ! Are you staying at the downtown place too ?

• 20 Mar 2013 Claire said

Claire

I’m keen! Can’t wait to see LA and keen to hit the nightlife too. I’ll have to meet up with you guys. Where are you both staying?

• 20 Mar 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

Hey Claire I’m staying at the Hilton downtown where the tour starts so you can join out adventures before we start :P

• 21 Mar 2013 Claire said

Claire

Sweet! I’ll have to Facebook you guys or something when I arrive in LA. :) so so excited

• 21 Mar 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

I will be staying at the hilton too! Claire when do you get there? this is all so exciting :) feel free to add me on fb :)

• 22 Mar 2013 Shane said

Shane

Hey guys,
    Im Shane, 26, from Sydney ! I’ve done a little travel in my time (Fiji, NZ, Thailand, South America, U.S x 2) but this will be my first tour travel trip, so it should be pretty good (I sooo need a break from work)!
    Probably get into LA on the 6th… but will be staying in NYC for at least five days post trip (New York is one of my favorite places!)

Looking forward meeting everyone and going on some wacky adventures ( watching Hamish and Andys Gap Year for inspiration as I write this :)

• 24 Mar 2013 Claire said

Claire

I arrive in LA on the 9th at about 1pm. I’ve added you Taryn! We should make a fb page or something for everyone. I’m staying in NYC for 5 days after the trip too Shane. Never been to New York but already feel like it will be my fav place.

• 24 Mar 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

Add me :) Leah booth

• 24 Mar 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

Add me :) Leah booth

• 24 Mar 2013 Shane said

Shane

New York is so diverse. I cant wait to go back because this will be my first visit when its warm rather than winter! Last time we were there, we spent a whole day just riding the subway and watching the street acts at all the stations…amazing stuff. (On my way to Perth right now….who travels on a Sunday, rookie)

• 24 Mar 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Welcome aboard Shane – I like your hamish and andy plan!! Sounds like we have the same holiday planned I get in on the 6th and have 5 days in NYC after .. got Leah and Claire on fb now :) agreed we should make a fb page!! And I turned 21 on the weekend so bring on partying in the USA :)

• 24 Mar 2013 Costa said

Costa

Happy Birthday, Taryn! Are you still doing the LA Explorer beforehand as well?

• 25 Mar 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Thanks Costa!! and I am – its not a tour just the accomdation and tickets to things at a cheaper price i think :) are you?

• 25 Mar 2013 Kimmy said

Kimmy

I have 2 days by myself in NY and then I start another tour. And 2 days before this tour starts, by sounds of it there will be a big group of us a few days before it starts at the hotel!

Not long to go now :)

• 25 Mar 2013 Costa said

Costa

Taryn, I don’t believe I am. We were scheduled to land in LA on the 10th, however, after see that a majority of our group seems to be coming to LA a few days prior to the tour. We are considering leaving earlier so that we can all meet up and hit up some of night life in LA.

• 28 Mar 2013 Shane said

Shane

Flights sorted and leave approved plus a 4 day weekend!

• 16 Apr 2013 Shan said

Shan

Hi All :) Booked and ready to go… so excited from QLD Australia… flying Solo! Arrive a a few days before the tour and stay a few extra days after the tour … keen to meet up with people before hand. Hope everybody is excited, it will be awesome

• 16 Apr 2013 Shan said

Shan

I’m arriving on the 9th LA staying at double tree… keen to get out and about :)

• 16 Apr 2013 Costa said

Costa

I’ll also be arriving on the 9th as well. However, not staying at the double tree. I’ll be a half mile down the road, well within walking distance. I too would be inclined to meet up with whomever.

• 22 Apr 2013 Ash_Wills said

Ash_Wills

Hi everyone, just paid for this tour looking forward to meeting everyone.Im 26 and live an hours drive south of sydney.I will be flying in to LA on the 10th & staying at the contiki motel.I have also booked NY uncovered a day after this trip, anyone else doing this?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.