Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand southern JULY 11TH 2013 LA-NY..get on board!

30 Jan 2013 Leahalyse asked

Leahalyse

Get on board people!!
So many other tours have soo many people joining their tour and meet ups page.. we have a lonely 3!! but surely theres some fun people that would lovvve to join :)??

Im 21, from Melbourne Australia, I have been to bali 9 times , will be 10 in a month but thats as far as I have ventured out, I am doing this tour on my own :) and I cannot wait!!! I have been counting down the days for just under a year now! I hope it lives up to my expectations :)!!!

• 22 Apr 2013 rachbabes said

rachbabes

Hi ash, I am doing the exact same thing! I land in LA on the 10th and I’m doing the NY uncovered the day after this one finishes :) looks like we’ll be spending our entire holiday together haha!

• 23 Apr 2013 dailyshop said

Default_avatar

Your presentation along with the visual management of the astronomical bodies can be strengthened if you find out an accurate Green Laser Pen from www.yourlaser.com. The green lights offer higher sensitivity in the bare eyes; therefore, this gadget turns out to be the most accurate for the keen visibility. It becomes an accurate accessory that is placed over a telescope that makes it enables to find the best alignment and point the heavenly bodies appropriately. The second step of buying a laser pen is to deal with little bit research on it. To research, you can easily insert the key words of the laser pointers in the search box of the search engine; you will derive a good number of the links in the outcomes of your search criteria. You can find some review sites on the laser pen and you can also figure out any important deductions of the specific products. The deduction includes price, quality as well as the visual values of the certain products.
    by yourlaser

• 23 Apr 2013 rachbabes said

rachbabes

How is it that we have spam on the contiki website haha

• 23 Apr 2013 Costa said

Costa

What’s worse is that Claire, Taryn and I received a message from someone earlier today telling us to email them because they had something to tell us.

And now I see you received it as well.

• 23 Apr 2013 Ash_Wills said

Ash_Wills

Hi Rach, great minds think alike hey.I guess i will probably see you on the 10th then.Counting down the days cant wait.

• 23 Apr 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Did you get that too Costa? haha I was like really spam? then see this and theres more.. Hi Ash! Welcome aboard see you in LA :)

• 24 Apr 2013 corey24 said

corey24

G’day everyone I have been waiting a long time to finally get the chance to experience a overseas holiday on Contiki and I look forward too meeting everyone on the same tour. I am a. Solo 23 year old working in Newcastle but my home is Brisbane. I have just paid for my flights and the trip and I am still putting it all together I will be flying in from Mauritius after my kitesurfing adventure to L.A on the 10th but haven’t decide where the best place to rest is before this epic trip begins. Is most of the places that ppl are staying close to where we are leaving from? First time for me in the states can not wait :)

• 24 Apr 2013 Ash_Wills said

Ash_Wills

Hi Taryn, thanks for the welcome. See you in LA

• 24 Apr 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

Hey Corey ! Most of us are staying at the hotel where the tour begins , downtown Hilton I think it is :) you should look into that . We are all planning on exploring the LA nightlife before it begins !

I arrive on the 8th :) 74 days till I fly out !!!

corey24

Cheers Leah I just booked this as last moment thing to add onto my holiday after the islands so I will be keen for sure to hit the nightlife for kick start into trip.
    Let the count down begin for sure!:)

• 24 Apr 2013 TonyHermans said

TonyHermans

I’ve just confirmed my payment so now there’s no going back! Seems I’ll be heading over solo now too, arriving on the 8th. Corey you work in Newcastle? That’s where I’m currently living, small world mate.

Can’t wait to get away for this holiday and let the good times roll. If anyone is keen to meetup before the tour and do a little sightseeing/drinking let me know :P

Btw, is the tour is a definate departure right? Anyone know?

• 24 Apr 2013 Jennifer said

Jennifer

It is a definite departure.

corey24

For sure Tony I’ll add you on fb mate and go from there. I am currently doing FIFO to Newcastle to fund this exciting trip. so it would be great to meet someone in the same boat and some planing and ideas off.

• 25 Apr 2013 Claire said

Claire

Gotta love the spam!
    Looks like everyone will be there the night before. Dinner/drinks on the 10th everyone?
    I grew up on the Central Coast (Terrigal) about an hour south of Newcastle. :)

• 25 Apr 2013 Costa said

Costa

Sounds great to me, Claire!

• 25 Apr 2013 rachbabes said

rachbabes

Dinner and drinks sounds awesome! I say we all meet in the lobby at 6pm and go from there :) how are we gonna be in contact when we get there?

• 25 Apr 2013 Costa said

Costa

I was thinking the same thing Rachel. Whose names are the rooms reserved to? Contiki or individual names? Although, now that I’m thinking about it the hotel must regularly do business with Contiki so they would be able to help us get in contact with one another.

• 25 Apr 2013 Leahalyse said

Leahalyse

We can all just Facebook message each other ??

Who is taking a phone ? Or are you getting one there ?

• 25 Apr 2013 Costa said

Costa

In that case if anyone wants to add me can search fb: Costa124
    Picture of a lil’ boy in a sailor suit should pop up. It’s me!! X-D

• 26 Apr 2013 TarynWainman said

TarynWainman

Dinner sounds great on the 10th everyone – I say we make a fb page that we can all contact each other through that :) and Corey I think everyone is staying at the hilton downtown LA so just stay there if you can :). 71 days til I fly out :) get there on the 6th so if anyone is there then let me know :) and Leah I will see you next month for drinks in melbourne woohoo!

as for phone everyone get viber! its what i used to contact everyone in europe :)

everyone add me on fb – and I will make a private group tonight :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion