Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ski Austria New Years

14 Apr 2010 Jen said

Default_avatar
Hi All

My sister and I will be going on the Ski Austria Contiki over new years (can't wait!) anyone else going on it?
  • 6 Jun 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I will be doing Ski Austria for two weeks from 22 Dec 2010. Therefore I will be on it for Christmas and new years! Very excited!

Hopefully as the year progresses we will meet more people who are going on the tour.

You catching the coach from London to Hopfgarten?

• 15 Jul 2010 Brendan said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    I’m doing Ski Austria from 14th January for the week, then spending two weeks in Austria after that.

• 17 Jul 2010 Wernergw said

Default_avatar

I am considering this one as well! Also from South Africa..

• 24 Jul 2010 Explorer1187036 said

Default_avatar

I’m consider the 7 day ski as well. From the USA…thinking about going the end of January or sometime in February. Anyone going during this time??

• 25 Jul 2010 Explorer1193948 said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I just booked to go from the 29th Dec – 5th Jan so will just be there for new years….my first solo trip excited/slightly nervous!

• 2 Aug 2010 Wernergw said

Default_avatar

booked.. would be nice to meet some people before the time… email me: wernergw@hotmail.com

• 11 Aug 2010 tom1989 said

tom1989

Just booked this tour….so pumped!

Im going on the one starting Dec 22 for 2 weeks but im spending a few days in London first. Im going by myself so it would be sweet to make some friends a bit earlier tomgiles@live.com.au

• 17 Aug 2010 Ozventurer said

Default_avatar

Hello,

Hopefully be joining you all in Austria on Dec 22 as well (will be catching the coach from London). Can’t wait!!! haven’t skiied in a while. All the way from Australia.

Cheers

• 18 Aug 2010 Ozventurer said

Default_avatar

So what is everyone planning on doing?

Ski or Snowboard? Lessons or not?

Introductory drinks in London just before would be great!!

• 18 Aug 2010 Wernergw said

Default_avatar

I am doing the 7 day trip as well, so white new years for me to! I am thinking of flying into Munich on the 28th, spending one day there and then catch the train on the morning of the 29th..

• 18 Aug 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Yay for trying snowboarding!

Jen, I’m sure you will be fine. Have you ever been able to skateboard? I was hopeless at that, am hoping the snowboarding is easier.

I’m doing the ski/snowboard combo. Skied once when I was a kid. Need a refresher, though I think.

Ozventurer, glad you like the idea. Introductory drinks at the London pub are on!

Will setup at facebook group four this tour, closer to the time.

• 18 Aug 2010 Jen said

Default_avatar

I’m hopeless at anything that involves me balancing! :-) but willing to give it a try and hoping I don’t break anything in the process!

Facebook group would be a great idea.

• 23 Aug 2010 Explorer1204290 said

Explorer1204290

hi there my name is Werner Pretorius from SA
    Myself and two mates are also joining the trip on the 29’th of December.We are flying to munich for a good warm-up in the Brauhaus.Good to hear there are peeps on this tour.Cheers

• 23 Aug 2010 Wernergw said

Default_avatar

looks like theres quite a few people flying into Munich, maybe we should have pre tour drinks in Munich as well?

• 25 Aug 2010 Explorer1205148 said

Default_avatar

Hey Werries.

Austria baby, whoop whoop.

• 27 Aug 2010 jason said

Default_avatar

im sure you guys have done the research, from SA is it cheaper to fly to Munich and catch the train or fly to London and catch the Bus. On the website it does not show a price from London

• 3 Sep 2010 Philip said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I’m considering booking for Aus ski from the 22nd of Dec. Have never skied before and can’t decide between the 7 or 14 day trip. Any advice?

• 4 Sep 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Hey Explorer1207059

I don’t have any advice as such although so much as to say that I had trouble deciding one week or two. I went with two weeks as I am going it alone and if I did one week then I would have had to work out something to do for that other week, either on another tour or something else. I did look at that but trying to fit another tour in the timeframe I had available didn’t seem to work.

I’ve skied once when I was a kid.

Depending on your time restrictions, you might prefer to do one week and then do something else for the other week.

Good luck with your decision.

Oh and if you are catching the bus from London on 21Dec, I think we are going to try and organise some sort of drinks at the pub attached to the Royal National Hotel. Should be a great way to meet a few people before the long bus trip.

• 5 Sep 2010 Philip said

Default_avatar

Thanks.

Yhink I will go with 2 weeks as I need to learn to ski and 7 days would then be to short.

Will book this week as I need to sort out my leave and decide whether to share or pay the single supplement as I will be traveling alone. I will probably fly in to Munich and then take the train.

This will be my first time doing a Contiki tour and traveling alone and therefore need to work through all the info like what to pack, temperature, ski equipment…

Is there anyone else also doing the ski/snowboarding lessons?

• 6 Sep 2010 Jen said

Default_avatar

Hi guys!

Right – I created a Facebook group, it’s called Contiki Ski Austria – New Years. Please join so we can get to know each other beforehand! It’s going to be a blast :-)

Thanks
    Jen

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion