Community_discussions_small  

Question

Russia & Scandinavia plus Start Berlin 29/6/13

2 Feb 2013 Jen asked

Jen

Hi,
Anyone going on this tour or been on this tour that can offer advice.
I'm wanting to know do I pack for Summer or Winter or a bit of both, and roughly how many Euro's to budget for each day.
Any other advice you can offer would also be great :)

• 2 Feb 2013 leigh87 said

leigh87

I am going on this tour too!

leigh87

I would also like to know about all those things you wanted to know:) I have a feeling we will need to pack a good jacket though, as there will prob be snow in Norway?

• 2 Feb 2013 Jen said

Jen

Hi Leigh, I’ve been looking at the temperatures at the time we will be there. I think it will be colder mornings with mild temps for the rest of the day. Average around 21 for the time we are there but the highest temperature on record in some places exceeded 30 and lowest on record was 1 degree. I think we need to be packing for 4 seasons!!! That’ll be hard with a 20kg limit! At least we’ll have the option of shopping for new clothes during the tour which isn’t a bad thing :)

• 2 Feb 2013 Jen said

Jen

Oh, and I hope there is snow in Norway :)

leigh87

I hope some other people from this tour come here and introduce themselves:)

• 3 Feb 2013 ezza said

ezza

Hey guys, I’m doing this tour also! I have no idea what to pack either.

• 3 Feb 2013 leigh87 said

leigh87

Hey Ezza, where are you from? I am from Australia, and I am a 26 yr old uni student. This is my first trip to Europe. Have you been on on a contiki tour before?

• 3 Feb 2013 ezza said

ezza

Hi! I’m from Brisbane. Am turning 25 in June and I work in childcare. This will be my second trip to Europe and my fourth contiki. I did one in America in ’09 and then 2 in Europe in ’11. Have you travelled much?

• 3 Feb 2013 ezza said

ezza

I’m on Facebook too if you want to add me. Name is Erin Sweeney.

• 3 Feb 2013 ezza said

ezza

I’m on Facebook too if you wanted to add me. Just look for Erin Sweeney.

leigh87

Cool thanks! I have been to the USA on a bus tour, and I have lived in Hong Kong for a few years before. I am obsessed with travelling, but have not had the money to do it as much as I want:(

What are your favourite parts of Europe so far? I know Spain would be great folr the sun and buildings and partying, and of course I would love to go to the Greek Islands next time… and then Italy would be lovely.. lol!

I am staying in Berlin a few days after the tour ends too, as it is supposed to be a cool city to explore and has great night life:)

• 3 Feb 2013 Jen said

Jen

Hi Guys,
    I’m in Berlin from 26/6 but fly out the day after the tour finishes.
    Hi Ezza and Hi Again Leigh, I have done 11 contiki tours (or Contiki things – Hawaiian Stopover, London scene etc as well).
    I keep coming back for more so they must be good. :)
    The tours I have done have been in the USA twice, Europe, NZ, Egypt and for those that can remember back that far – Great Keppel Island. LOL.
    I also did Africa with Kumuka – but that’s another story and all I can say is I am not surprised that have now gone out of business.
    So it looks so far that there are 4 of us going solo. My first ever Contiki was solo, but each one since has been with one or more of the people I met on that tour with the exception of the one I did in 2008 which included Europe and the USA which I did with my 3 best friends. I think it’s a completely different experience travelling on your own.

I think I found you on FB Ezza, I sent a friend request :)

leigh87

Yeah on your own your sort of have to put more energy into getting to know people I suppose, although if you meet the right people and you get alone it is a fun process rather than a tiresome one:)

I was under the impression that most people were solo?

And WOW Jen, you have travelled a lot! I am impressed, tell me about Africa, I badly want to tour there too! I want to see Victoria falls and then go on a safarri:)

The only place you have not done is South America I see? I also reallllly want to go there to LOL (where dont I want to go?)

• 4 Feb 2013 Sandra said

Sandra

Hey!!
    i think i’m on this tour too!
    i’m from Canada, and this will be my second time with contiki
    i’m excited to meet you all :)

• 8 Feb 2013 ezza said

ezza

Hey Sandra! What other Contiki tour have you done?

• 9 Feb 2013 Sandra said

Sandra

Last year i did London to Athens plus Greek island hopping
    it was so much fun!
    which other Contiki tours did you do?

• 9 Feb 2013 ezza said

ezza

That sounds like the tour I did in 2011, Road to Athens? I didn’t do the cruise though. Right before that I did an Ireland tour and in 2009 I did the Grand Southern in America. Made alot of good friends on them and had so much fun.

• 10 Feb 2013 Sandra said

Sandra

that all sounds like so much fun, i really want to travel to ireland and scottland too eventually
    i made a bunch of really good friends on my tour as well, i still keep in touch with some of them
    are u doing any other traveling before or after the tour?

• 10 Feb 2013 leigh87 said

leigh87

looks like I am the only contiki virgin!

Everyone talks about how much fun they have, so this has definately made me feel better about the tour!

• 10 Feb 2013 ezza said

ezza

I’m spending a week in London before our tour and I’m wanting to do another one after, but so far it hasn’t got the numbers so it might not go ahead. How about you? Where abouts in Canada are you from? I made 2 really good friends from there on my last tour.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion