Community_discussions_small  

Question

Great Britain & Ireland September 2013!

2 Feb 2013 xBirdOfPassagex asked

xBirdOfPassagex

I was planning on going a few days earlier to explore a bit of London before the tour begins. I read on a couple of reviews that the time spent in London for this tour isn't nearly enough to see the things you might need/want to. I was curious to know if anyone else was planning their Great Britain & Ireland tour (18 days) in September 2013?

• 11 Mar 2013 guthrdav said

guthrdav

Well, i am planning a trip in September for this tour, so you can add me. :D Which date are you booking? Im booking the 3rd of September.

• 13 Mar 2013 Saisell said

Saisell

Hey Dave did you end up booking this tour for the 3rd of September? I’m booked into that one. You doing any other tours or trips before or after this one?

• 13 Mar 2013 xBirdOfPassagex said

xBirdOfPassagex

Darn, I was planning on going in the later weeks of September. But if I end up changing my plans, I’ll have to book the Sept. 3rd tour!

• 13 Mar 2013 guthrdav said

guthrdav

Yep, spoke to my travel agent today. All i have to do is pay for it when i get the quote. Im going to do Egypt and the Nile on Sept 28th after this tour, and inbetween go to Amsterdam and visit Munich for Oktoberfest. Going to be an awesome few weeks!!!

Made a F/Book group if you guys wanna join and get to know each other. Going by myself, so would like to know fellow travellers!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/283233125140353/

peace

• 13 Mar 2013 Nikki said

Nikki

The time before definitely isn’t enough, I did England and Scotland in February and only got to check out the Camden market before my tour

• 14 Mar 2013 Saisell said

Saisell

Sounds good mate. I was going to do Egypt tour as well but was a bit skeptical cos of the wars going on near the end of last year when i was booking my trip. This trip is instead of Egypt haha. I only got back from Europe last October after spending almost 8 months travelling. Def got the travel bug. Doing Croatia sailing, Northern Trek Contiki and this. Plus spending bout a month in England all up. Keen

• 19 Mar 2013 brentsinger11 said

brentsinger11

Hey guys, so I’m also looking at this trip anytime between June and September, but when I look at September dates, I don’t have the 3rd as an option just the 1st and 4th? Is that Normal? Would they be different trips or Is it because I’m Canadian?

• 19 Mar 2013 Nikki said

Nikki

It is different for Canadians they always add in two travel days at the beginning. As in sept first would be depart Canada and sept second would be arrive in London, and you wouldn’t actually start the tour until the third of September

• 19 Mar 2013 Katie said

Katie

Hey I’m also Canadian and was having the same issue at finding dates that matched. I’m booked into the 1st of September tour though so I guess its the same one then for the 3rd?

• 19 Mar 2013 Nikki said

Nikki

That would be correct

• 22 Mar 2013 brentsinger11 said

brentsinger11

thanks for the help, I just booked it today.

• 30 Mar 2013 guthrdav said

guthrdav

Would be great to get to know you all, there is a link above to a FB group i created so we can mingle and get to know each other before we leave :)

• 31 Mar 2013 Tonner said

Tonner

whos going in octoberrrr XD

• 10 Apr 2013 Britters said

Britters

Hey I`m from the US and my start dates are also september 1st or 4th. Havent figured out which date i should choose yet with this tour. But either date i choose I would like to visit england like 2 days before the tour starts, anyone doing the same?

• 10 Apr 2013 SallySparrow said

Default_avatar

I would not do a Contiki tour to the UK. You will not really see our culture or meet any of us, just spend time on a bus amongst yourselves. We are a very safe country, our transport is very easy to navigate by yourself and we’d love to see you. You can find some nice hostels in London very cheap. You are more than welcome to visit us, but do it properly and understand our culture~ <3

• 11 Apr 2013 walshienz said

walshienz

Im doing this tour on October 11th :)

• 11 Apr 2013 Omid Kanani said

Default_avatar

Not going to miss this season

• 14 Apr 2013 Caity92 said

Caity92

I’m thinking about booking this tour in the start/middle of september! Just tossing up between this and a Greek Island Hopper tour

• 16 Apr 2013 Saisell said

Saisell

Hey Caity that’s a pretty tough choice you have there. Haha. I can’t comment on this tour cos i haven’t done it yet (doing it 3rd of September this year) but I did Greek Islands last year and it was awesome. Highly recommend it. However September may not be the best time to do it but depending on what you’re into cos its towards the end of the season. Some places are already closed by September, especially in Ios. Things are a bit cheaper and places not as busy but if you’re more into the party scene id go earlier in the season round June-August.

• 19 Apr 2013 Sarah said

Sarah

Im booked in to do Sept 17th :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion