Attention all Forum Users.
We’re working on a brand new shiny tool to make your experience as simple as possible.
Which means the community forums is now read only whilst we work on a new & improved ‘My Contiki’ space.


Visa for USA

2 Feb 2013 Glenda asked


I am travelling from the UK to the USA for the Grand Southern tour which means I will be there for 30 days in total. I have a UK passport and I believe this makes me eligible to apply for a visa waiver for travelling to USA.

Has anyone ever used a visa waiver for a USA trip with Contiki? Should I apply for a visa waiver or a tourist visa? I am unsure because I will be travelling around USA not staying in one place for the whole time. Will I need to give all the hotel addresses to apply?

I have tried looking on the visa waiver website and am still a little confused so any advice would be appreciated.


  • Read the responses 3 responses so far
  • 7 Feb 2013 Kenny said


    Yes Glenda! I am also asking mine one too! You should be fine if you are using UK passport. Staying under 90 days (just 30 days). Make sure you should have enough fund ($2500 – $3000) and US address (Hostel or hotel, else) for the first night from LAX…..This is also my first time to use esta and VWP so I feel nervous too. ;)

    And it is Mandatory to apply esta:

    We are on the same boat! I need more people to answer this!

    This is my version, using Aussie passport and staying 39 days. Please have a look! :)

    Thanks Glenda

  • 7 Feb 2013 Kenny said


    so you will be fine…the immigration officer will ask us some questions too regarding your intention of your stay :) Such as why are you coming to the US and how long will you stay.

We are no longer accepting new responses to this discussion thread.



Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.