Community_discussions_small  

Question

Best Optionals to do on The Big Walkabout

4 Feb 2013 Birdie asked

Default_avatar

What are the best optionals to do when on The Big Walkabout tour?

I am planning to go on the tour in either July, August or October 2014 and it would be great to be able to plan and budget accordingly on what I want to do optionals-wise.

Is there anything you wished you did when you went? I missed out on skydiving in NZ so I might do that but it depends on the cost as I don't have much time to raise the money, hence why I want to plan out as best as I can before I go.

Also for the optional meals is it okay for someone who doesn't want to pay for the meal to just go and hang out with the people? In Europe we had quite a few optional meals where I paid but didn't actually eat anything because I couldn't and the only reason I went was because EVERYONE was going and I didn't want to eat alone.

Having read quite a few blogs from those who have done this tour I notice that it seems very alcohol driven as well. Is this tour a good tour for someone who doesn't drink at all?

• 5 Feb 2013 Birdie said

Default_avatar

What are the best optionals to do when on The Big Walkabout tour?

I am planning to go on the tour in either July, August or October 2014 and it would be great to be able to plan and budget accordingly on what I want to do optionals-wise.

Is there anything you wished you did when you went? I missed out on skydiving in NZ so I might do that but it depends on the cost as I don’t have much time to raise the money, hence why I want to plan out as best as I can before I go.

Also for the optional meals is it okay for someone who doesn’t want to pay for the meal to just go and hang out with the people? In Europe we had quite a few optional meals where I paid but didn’t actually eat anything because I couldn’t and the only reason I went was because EVERYONE was going and I didn’t want to eat alone.

Having read quite a few blogs from those who have done this tour I notice that it seems very alcohol driven as well. Is this tour a good tour for someone who doesn’t drink at all?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.