Community_discussions_small  

Comment

NY Explorer Sep 15 - 18 2009

1 Feb 2009 said

Default_avatar
Hi, is anyone doing this tour? I just booked and can't wait! I'm from Adelaide, Australia, and am doing this tour just before the North by North East
  • 22 Feb 2009 squirrel81 said

Default_avatar

Hey, I’m planning on doing this tour after my Wild Western. Should my circumstances not change between now and April (when i’m planning on booking) I’ll be a 100%. At this stage i’ll be going alone but my best friend is hopefully going to tag along as well. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->Where abouts are you from? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Feb 2009 said

Default_avatar

I’m from Adelaide. Where are you from? What dates are you doing Wild Western? I’m doing LA to the Bay which is part of the Wild Western, but finishes the first night in San Francisco, on Sep 2 – 11. I can’t wait!

• 24 Feb 2009 squirrel81 said

Default_avatar

I’m on the Gold Coast Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> My Wild Westen starts on 26th August – 8 Sept then i’m having 6 days in LA to finish off would I couldn’t get done on the tour like Disneyland and Universal Studios and shopping of course Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Apr 2009 Veronica14 said

Default_avatar

Hi Ladies,
    I’m also going on the New York Explorer on September 15th 2009. I’m really excited I’ve always wanted to go to New York City. I’ll be arriving on the 14th. I’m from Ontario Canada. Can’t wait to meet you both!

• 17 Apr 2009 fbartko said

Default_avatar

hey new york septemberers,

i’m trying to decide whether to do the tour or explore NY on my own with the aid of hop on hop off buses.

what made u guys/gals decide to do the tour versus just exploring on your own?

• 18 Apr 2009 Veronica14 said

Default_avatar

Hi Fbartko,

I decide to do the tour because it was much cheaper than doing it on my own, and the tour covered the key attractions that I wanted to see. I also have a friend that did this tour in the past and she had a blast on it. Anyways hope this helped!

• 20 Jun 2009 said

Default_avatar

Hey,

I decided to do the tour because it’s a lot cheaper than doing it on my own, plus it means that I have people to go out with at night, which I think it s lot safer! I’ve done some contikis in the past and they have been a lot of fun!

• 30 Jun 2009 Kelly said

Kelly

I decided to do this because it was easier than trying to organise all myself. Plus I just discovered how expensive NY hotels are! Ouch. I’m arriving in NY on the 13th and staying in the same hotel as the tour. I was thinking of going to a Broadway show – does anyone know if there’s a free night to do this during the tour, or should I try and do it beforehand?

• 2 Jul 2009 Veronica14 said

Default_avatar

Hi Everyone
    I just wanted to let everyone know I made a Facebook group for this trip so that we could maybe get to know each other a bit before we go!
    I hope that the link works !
    http://www.facebook.com/groups….php?gid=99874331725

• 22 Jul 2009 Ju said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kimbers24:
    Hi, is anyone doing this tour? I just booked and can’t wait! I’m from Adelaide, Australia, and am doing this tour just before the North by North East

Hi, I’m from Brazil and i’m going to this Contiki Tour, too!
    Juliana

• 22 Jul 2009 Ju said

Default_avatar

Hey girls!
    My name is Juliana and I’m from Brazil. i’ll arrive on 14th September and i’m going to stay until 24 in Columbus Circle Hostel. Will anyone stay in NY after the Tour?
    Juliana

• 24 Jul 2009 Ju said

Default_avatar

Hey girls?
    my profile in facebook is juliana baldocchi.
    I want to know where are you going to stay at night the first night 14 september?
    I checked the Contiki Hotel and we have to pay this night at about 300 dolars!
    But, in a double room is 167 dolars. Is anyone avaiable to share the night in a room with me?
    Thanks, Juliana

• 24 Jul 2009 Rezuri said

Default_avatar

Hey Ju,

All you have to do is tell Contiki that you want a twin share. They’ll match you up with someone on the tour automatically, even if you stay a night before or after the tour. (As the tour starts early in the morning, there’s bound to be someone who’ll be there a day early like you are).

• 28 Jul 2009 Ju said

Default_avatar

Thank you Rezuri!

• 4 Aug 2009 Ju said

Default_avatar

Hi girls,
    i received my confirmation from Contiki Tour. I will stay at Milford Plaza Hotel,
    Everybody are going to stay there?
    See you soon.
    juliana

• 4 Aug 2009 Veronica14 said

Default_avatar

Hi Juliana
    I haven’t received any information as of yet. I’ll keep you posted.
    Veronica

• 5 Aug 2009 JesserC said

JesserC

Hi everyone!

My name is Jessica and my husband and I are on the same tour. We’re from BC, Canada and look forward to meeting everyone!
    We’re flying in sept 13. We’ve never been to new york before so we’re super excited!!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.