Community_discussions_small  

Question

GRAND SOUTHERN (NY-LA) OCTOBER 18 2013

5 Feb 2013 Sam asked

Sam

Anyone going? i know its still a while out..

• 6 Feb 2013 Danielle said

Danielle

Hi Sam,

I know this doesn’t exactly answer your question, but my partner and I are booked on the LA-NY Grand Southern departing on 24th October :) So we might cross paths somewhere in the middle of our tours.

Waiting until October is the hardest part now huh?

• 6 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

Maybe! im not too sure if they work like that but would be cool! have you been on a contiki before? i did the western highlights last year had an amazing time :) yes october seems like forever away but at least gives me a lot of time to save spending money!

• 7 Feb 2013 Kirstie said

Kirstie

Hey mate! Fully doing that exact tour!
    I’m doing the new york uncovered first and then the LA explorer after then I’m off back to NZ after being away from home for well over a year!

• 7 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

sweet im also doing new york uncovered!! im a kiwi too what part of nz u from?

• 8 Feb 2013 Kirstie said

Kirstie

Oh awesome!!
    Haha Canterbury then went dairying in South Canterbury.
    How about you?

• 8 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

caaaaaaaanterburrryyyy haha im from christchurch! hmm dairy in south canterbury ashburton?

• 8 Feb 2013 Kirstie said

Kirstie

Hahaha nah more like Rangitata/Temuka!
    Grew up in Methven/Rakaia. Are you dairy too?? What are you thinking for saving wise??

• 8 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

oh cool nah im definitely city folk haha wouldnt know my way around a cows boobs to be honest the prospect kinda freaks me out a little lol ummm saving wise for spending money you mean? im not too sure im thinking around about 100 for each day although im not really planning on doing much shopping.. thats about what i had last time and seemed to work out pretty good just be careful in vegas!

• 12 Feb 2013 Kirstie said

Kirstie

Hahahah yeah i know im a little scared of Vegas. Me and some friends from back home are heading there next month. Any words of wisdom?? Oh and if you have room would you pretty please bring some pineapple lumps and V! Hahahaha the little things from home

• 12 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

hmmm pearls of wisdom for vegas… id say play the tables not the machines if youre gambling and if you just wanna drink and party make sure u give a generous tip with your first drink and you will be looked after for the rest of the night! works wonders! i dunno if i could get a can of v past customs but pretty sure i could rustle up an industrial sized bag of good old pineapple lumps haha

Kirstie

Hahaha awesome. How may times have you been to the states so far?

• 12 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

just once last august for about 10 days had the time of my life and decided i needed to go back for much longer!!

Kirstie

Hahaha yeah I am so excited! What date do you fly back??

• 12 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

day after grand southern ends so we wont be on the same flight if you are doing explorer! might be a good thibg for you though as you will most likely be thoroughly sick of the sight of me by that point haha

• 13 Feb 2013 Kirstie said

Kirstie

Hahahaha yeah thats a fair point!! Looking forward to my two summers in a row thats for sure! Will it be cold in new york in october do you reckon??

• 13 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

im not toooo sure it was hurricane sandy last october so hopefully theres no repeat of that!

• 15 Feb 2013 Rachael said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! I’m doing the eastern discovery tour on 18th October which is the first half of the grand southern tour. Did the southern adventure last year (the second half of the tour) and it was bloody amazing! Also doing the New York explorer before but I’m not sure if that tour is a guaranteed departure yet…
    So looking forward to going back to New Orleans. We’ll be there when it is Halloween so that’ll be pretty cool. Need to save up my money!
    Also, some of the tours do cross over so there is always a chance to see other contiki groups.

• 16 Feb 2013 Kirstie said

Kirstie

Hahaha yeah we’ll be in New Orleans for my birthday! That i’m pretty excited about!! Yeah i’ve made abudget and hopefully sticking to it!!! Awesome so you’ll be on the New york uncovered with us??

• 16 Feb 2013 Sam said

Sam

hey rachael! i didnt even think of halloween new orleans should be a pretty sweet place to celebrate it!! im on the big saving mission now too working as much as i can only 239 sleeps to go hahaha where are you from?

• 16 Feb 2013 Kirstie said

Kirstie

Oh wow! Thats super soon! Yeah I’m on the saving mission too!! And i’m a terrible saver so this should be interesting! A little excited for texas!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion