Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Croatian Island Cruising 2010

5 Nov 2009 Constantine said

Default_avatar
Anyone interested in the Croatian Island Cruising for 2010???
  • 8 Nov 2009 Constantine said

Default_avatar

I am thinking of going on the 10th July. Anyone else going in July? Is it the best time to go?

• 14 Dec 2009 CarolineSC said

CarolineSC

I did the London to Rome trip May of ‘09 and now I’m looking to do something a little more relaxing…My tour guide from my London to Rome trip said that June or July is the best time to go…I’m thinking of going in June or July but if I have the funds I would like to go at the end of May..

• 22 Dec 2009 GoddessofEurope said

Default_avatar

hey everyone,
    I am thinking of going on this cruise. Been to most destinations but would be good to see the touristy things rather than just party there ahhahaa. I am one of the tall croatian girls that can drink alot and am into the football. (Shame we didnt make the World Cup 2010 Frowner<!--graemlin::(--> . . . )

The dialiect in the Dalmation Coast is very different to how Praha 335Ci is writing (from Zagreb or surrounds I am sure). I could speak full sentences and She/He would not understand Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Each town / island in the dalmation coast has its own dialect. Luckily I have been brought up to understand both speak and write both!

Split is awesome and so are the islands Brac, Hvar and Korcula. I would also recommend Pag as it is the equilavent of Ibiza!! I wouldnt waste a trip by leaving right after the cruise. Trust me you will fall in love with the people, food, alcohol, lifestyle and the beautiful waters!! When you go to Split if you go near any bus depot, or where the katamaran or traiect arrive you will find little old ladies who hold up signs that say “apartmani” they offer cheap good accommodation close by and they usually provide breakfast. This also helps the community as it is usually extentions of their own houses or artmantments. If you are on a tight budget you could easily make it work especially in split. I am sure they also have camping sites too. And the markets they have absolutely EVERYTHING and anything you need.

Prices in any city or country will be higher during peak season but its not over the top and if it is you can easily find what ever it is cheaper in the next shop etc

In terms of alcohol I highly recommend Karlovacko Pivo and Kruskovac Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> num num num

My main point i want to make is dont plan too much. Just go and enjoy it! If all you do while you are in Croatia is swim, sunback, eat and drink and walk and party then you are doing enough. Just being there will give you an amazing feeling. not to mention the attractive men and woman.

• 14 Mar 2010 Aussie86 said

Default_avatar

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• 14 Mar 2010 Aussie86 said

Default_avatar

ha ha ha ha ha

• 29 Mar 2010 mandystella7 said

mandystella7

Hi, me and a friend are booked for the JULY 1st cruise. We will be arriving the day before the tour starts and extending it by staying in Hvar for several days. July/August is way busier and more expensive, but the hustle and bustle can be fun. Does anyone have any info on the ferries/catamrans frpom Split to Hvar? The ferry schedules are not user friendly at all!

• 30 Mar 2010 mandystella7 said

mandystella7

Thanks for the info. Ive seen that website, so do you think it would be better to just get our ferry tickets once in croatia?
    We have already booked our hotel in Hvar, i didnt want to run into that problem! I figure we’ll be seeing Korcula during the cruise, so hopefully there will be a chance to see the sword dance that night. After 4 wks of travelling, we just wanted to go relax and do nothing our last few days.

• 13 Apr 2010 Melon said

Default_avatar

My three best friends & I will be on the cruise departing on 21st August. To say we’re excited is an understatement. We cannot wait!!

• 24 Apr 2010 steph_1984 said

Default_avatar

Has anyone been on this tour?? I am wondering about partying at night… if you have to get back on the boat at night how does that work? curfew to return to the boat?

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion