Community_discussions_small  

Comment

After Tour getting to Gatwick airport

15 Feb 2010 Explorer1169461 said

Default_avatar
Hi, I am doing a 14 day European tour which commences 02 April 2010 and is starting from London & then stopping in Paris/Florence/Rome/Venice/Munich/Amsterdam and then back to London on the 16th April 2010. Anyone else doing this trip?
I will be staying at the Royal National Hotel. The following day after getting back to London I plan to fly back out to Munich and was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the best way to travel from the hotel to Gatwick Airport. Im happy to travel by the tube but can anyone give me directions on which train station to get on to get to the airport. Thanks
  • 16 Feb 2010 G3mmalina said

Default_avatar

The Gatwick Express is the best, quickest and easiest way. It runs from London Victoria to Gatwick direct. Take the Piccadily line south from Russell Square, change at Green Park for the Victoria line and go South one stop to Victoria.

The Gatwick Express runs from about 3am to nearly midnight and leaves every 15 mins. I think it’s about £17 for a single ticket.
    Should be a website that you can buy tickets online I think.

Hope this helps

Gem

• 1 Mar 2010 *Aussie Gal* said

*Aussie Gal*

Thanks for that info…I was wondering the same thing. Also, if arriving at Heathrow, and getting to that same hotel…what is the easiest mode of travel?

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.